Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably asked before but I cant find any postings on this topic
I love in stratford Ontario area and want to get my ecu flashed by Ivan. How have others sent the ecu to Ivan and not had problems with duties and cross border issues? Thx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lol. Damn auto correct.
I do love in stratford but also live* in stratford.
Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd suggest calling him and get his latest preferred shipping instructions just in case anything has changed. When I had mine done it was all straight forward with no cross boarder issues, the only thing that I can recall of significance is to indicate that it is classified as a repair not a new purchase. Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
On the form "IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE USA
PLEASE SEND YOUR ECU THROUGH YOUR MAIL SYSTEM !!" read the form for mailing instructions

ECU Programming Info

Ship via Canada Post or he (and pass onto you) brokerage fees from other couriers. If you say something RMA you likely won't incur CBSA taxes but you are at their discretion. You will likely not have it for about an extra week or two while it clears customs no matter how fast turn around is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the form "IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE USA
PLEASE SEND YOUR ECU THROUGH YOUR MAIL SYSTEM !!" read the form for mailing instructions

ECU Programming Info

Ship via Canada Post or he (and pass onto you) brokerage fees from other couriers. If you say something RMA you likely won't incur CBSA taxes but you are at their discretion. You will likely not have it for about an extra week or two while it clears customs no matter how fast turn around is.
thanks. i know the form said to send it thru the mail system, but given the unstable state of canada post as well as the issues with cross border shipping, I was really looking for first hand input from others in Canada who have shipped their ECU to Ivan.
just wanted to see what others have experienced...

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you don't want it stuck in the system and willing to pay brokerage fees both ways you are looking at $50-$100 US per each way I am sure.

thanks. i know the form said to send it thru the mail system, but given the unstable state of canada post as well as the issues with cross border shipping, I was really looking for first hand input from others in Canada who have shipped their ECU to Ivan.
just wanted to see what others have experienced...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sent mine from Calgary Canada Post, it took 5 days and was delivered on Saturday. Ivan did the reflash and sent it back on Monday, so it is expected in my hands the following Monday. About $50 shipping each way. I have had bad experiences with shipping other than the postal service with duties and brokerage fees.

Getting impatient as the weather finally turned nice again, the hail and funnel clouds are gone. Fortunately I have a V-Strom to ride while waiting...

No postal strike in the next few weeks?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts