Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after riding two wheels for over 60 years my eyes are getting to the point where riding is dangerous. I have decided to sell my KVS and call it a day. Over 750,000 miles on dirt and touring motorcycles and loving every minute of it. Now it just comes down to letting go of my fun and comfortable bike and moving on. So, anyone looking for a highly modified 2015 non ABS KVS, let me know.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't start riding until I was 45. I wished I had started MUCH earlier! :) I'm sure you have a lot of good memories and stories to share about your adventures. Sorry to hear it has to come to an end.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
687 Posts
Well Brother - statistically you are well ahead of the game. Wishing you all the best as you move to the next adventure.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,339 Posts
Sorry you have to give up one of your greatest passions, hope the bike goes to someone who will truly appreciate it and make it their greatest passion

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,302 Posts
Hats off to you for making a tough decision. I'm sure when I reach that point of selling my bike due to medical reasons I'll be screaming the whole time. Good luck and don't leave the forum. You have experience that others will greatly benefit from.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hats off to you for making a tough decision. I'm sure when I reach that point of selling my bike due to medical reasons I'll be screaming the whole time. Good luck and don't leave the forum. You have experience that others will greatly benefit from.
Looks like a Well taken care of '15 Vulcan s-'Hope it goes to a Good rider lookin for a good ride:) 🆒 :cool::geek:;)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
60+ yrs! Not a bad run. Sorry to hear you have to hang up your helmet, but at the same time, I'm glad you were able to make the decision before someone made it for you. I see that decision looming in my future and I know it won't be easy when it comes. Stay safe!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are too kind. I did my last ride two weeks ago when I joined a 100 bike honor ride for a fellow veteran who had a heart attack on his Harley at speed and crashed with his wife on board. She survived with injuries, he died instantly and was a well known and well liked 78 year old buddy active in the local American Legion Riders group. A sad ending to a long riding career. Bikers are a very special group of people to me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You guys are too kind. I did my last ride two weeks ago when I joined a 100 bike honor ride for a fellow veteran who had a heart attack on his Harley at speed and crashed with his wife on board. She survived with injuries, he died instantly and was a well known and well liked 78 year old buddy active in the local American Legion Riders group. A sad ending to a long riding career. Bikers are a very special group of people to me.
Yea,I'm only 63-Just a kid to some of you riders out there:) Thats 1 of the Main reason's Why I never Modified my 17 ol dog KVS-/Not that I don't like speed(Sometimes you gotta have it to get out of the way on 95 done here in s.fla!!?!!) but anyhow,111 m p h every now&then when I open up the ol dog(once a month,or so) too 'clean' out its lungs-LOL:) In any event,I'm 1 of them IDIOT'S w/*No health insurance\I do ride w/a helmet,&the ol dog Does have Crash bars on it-Quite honestly,if this bike were any heavier,it would be Too heavy for me-&Yes,I will Definately be 1 of those who will cry my eyes out when I have to give up ridin:( Ridin a Scoot is a Nice way to forget all the B S &Just relax+be yourself:) I literally see All Kinds of people on All kinds of Rides:) Just because my ol dog is my Main trans to&from work,I STILL ENJOY THE RIDE:) Any 1 out there havin to hang up there ridin boots,Has ALL my Respect&My hats off too them(Especially if they got out Without bein carry'd off in a Body Bag)-SOMETIMES WE DO WHAT WE GOTTA DO:) ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT-"BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY:)o_O;):cool::love::cry:(y):sneaky::geek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
So after riding two wheels for over 60 years my eyes are getting to the point where riding is dangerous. I have decided to sell my KVS and call it a day. Over 750,000 miles on dirt and touring motorcycles and loving every minute of it. Now it just comes down to letting go of my fun and comfortable bike and moving on. So, anyone looking for a highly modified 2015 non ABS KVS, let me know. View attachment 252238 View attachment 252238
Nice bike! What kind of side cases are those? And size?
Sorry to hear you have to give up riding, but glad you're doing it on your terms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So after riding two wheels for over 60 years my eyes are getting to the point where riding is dangerous. I have decided to sell my KVS and call it a day. Over 750,000 miles on dirt and touring motorcycles and loving every minute of it. Now it just comes down to letting go of my fun and comfortable bike and moving on. So, anyone looking for a highly modified 2015 non ABS KVS, let me know. View attachment 252238 View attachment 252238
my hope to make that many miles sir!!! Congratulations and always sorry to see a brother rider to need to hang it up. Is yoru bike still available? looking for something in this size for my wife. Our daughter has a 2019 VKS and she loves it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Viking 25 liter bags and a 45 liter rear trunk. The bike has a ton of modifications done including a Madstad touring windshield, Kurykin throttle lock. all LED lighting, WOLO loud horn, LED turn signal flasher with super bright LED turn signals, rear brake and trunk stop light flasher, extended gel seat, passenger seat and footpegs, oversize foam grips, heated grips, 16 tooth front sprocket, drink holder and phone/GPS holder.

It is still available.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, I just looked up my Viking bags. They are 13 liter bags, not 25. Sorry for the misinformation. I also have the bags protected with clear vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys!, reading this made me want to cry, I been riding some sort of bike since I was 13, now 63 so still got a good few riding years left in me, still I've slowed down and the nomad gets more use than the Ducati these days.
the thought of not riding anymore brings a tear to my eye, so greatest respect to any one that has ridden for 50 years and has the sense to stop before killing them selves or some one else

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I didn't start riding until I was 45. I wished I had started MUCH earlier! :) I'm sure you have a lot of good memories and stories to share about your adventures. Sorry to hear it has to come to an end.
Same with me, and I hope to call it quits when I know it's getting too dangerous as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts