Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so here is what happen, I got a new job and finaly get back on track of my life.
as a store manager now, i can't ride to work anymore, always have to have a car to do something and that something always comes up.
i dont have a car and still making payments on the bike soooooo.....you know.
i have to sell it, and get a used car for cheap so i can make it since i just started not long ago, kind sad but its good. life goes on and better.
makes more money and my wife finaly stop Bitching at me dont make enough.
cant afford bike and car at the same time for now so i have to let go.
only had the bike for a year and all the stuff on it with maybe 2000 miles.

I posted on craigslist los angeles and its 2012 vulcan 900 custom in black purple.
if anyone of you guys buy it i will be really pleased, i know you guys will take car of it. Its my baby and will be yours too i bet. picture on ad.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/3675662413.html

PM me if anyone interesting. OBO from ad's price. take a look!! i rather sell to someone who knows the bike and love it. instead of some noob who just learn how to ride.

peace!!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Seems like they should issue you a company car. Too bad their wasn't another option like sayin bye bye and gettin another job. But gotta do whatch gotta do to survive. Did I miss the craiglists link??

·
Registered
658 Posts
congrats on your new job. you've got a sweet looking bike with lots of time into it but, sometimes you have to do what you have to do...

you'll be back on a bike soon enough.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I had to wait until I was in early 50's to get a bike so hang in there. Life presents priorities and good things comes to them that make the right choices. This is the right choice!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
It is hard to watch them go. I had to watch my Mean Streak ride off on trailer about a year after I purchased it. I had a baby on the way and it was not paid for. 4 years later I got my 1100 v star because the price was right. Then I sold it and got the V2K. I learned that having your toys is not fun if you can't afford them or afford to enjoy them. I was lucky enough to get a promotion that came with a nice raise and allowed me to get another bike. But I know that if something was to come up again it is first on the chopping block.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sure many of us have had to give up a bike at some point for financial reasons. I've had to sell two at different points in my life in the name of financial stability. It took a couple years but my wife and I evened things out financially and I decided I'd rather do some nice vacations to see some of the world while we can rather than have another bike. This past September I finally gave into the urge and re-entered biking by buying a used 900. I sympathize with how much it stinks to have to let things go, but toys are just toys and can be replaced. A roof over your head and food on the table always take priority. I've been on the edge of bankruptcy, sold two bikes and struggled through a return to college to finish my B.S. and I'm only turning 33 next month. Keep plugging away and you'll be back on two wheels soon enough! :good:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I'm sure many of us have had to give up a bike at some point for financial reasons. I've had to sell two at different points in my life in the name of financial stability. It took a couple years but my wife and I evened things out financially and I decided I'd rather do some nice vacations to see some of the world while we can rather than have another bike. This past September I finally gave into the urge and re-entered biking by buying a used 900. I sympathize with how much it stinks to have to let things go, but toys are just toys and can be replaced. A roof over your head and food on the table always take priority. I've been on the edge of bankruptcy, sold two bikes and struggled through a return to college to finish my B.S. and I'm only turning 33 next month. Keep plugging away and you'll be back on two wheels soon enough! :good:
Been there, done that, purchased plenty souvenirs. I usually go with and advise people that when you are making a big purchase, take what you think you can afford and always under shoot it. Having to deal with the constant call of collectors, threats of having judgments filed against you, threats of have your wadges garnished, and so on is NOT FUN. Been bit by the dog and I steer clear.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sorry to hear, Done this in the pass sold 2 bikes as Kids and wife come first. A man has to do what a man has to do. When the kids are all grown and you have grandkids it will all be worth it

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for all your support, hopefully this is going to be stable, this is my 5th bike and life takes many turn on me and its always the first to go. always about job reason.
i will be back on the bike once things go smooth, but my wife is thinking about having baby in couple of years, so i guess i will just have to wait for a long while this time :(

i have a link here to my ad....just take a look. thanks
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/3675662413.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry to hear evodog.... you have been a good 9 owner... you gotta do what you gotta do... I get a bike or boat and seems like ... Yep.. something has to go and it's always the "toy" as the wifey puts it... you will be back though, you spent too much time enjoying a bike to not get another... and I like my next bike more than the one i moved on from
Good luck!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good luck with asking price. YOU know that the stuff we put on the bikes doesn't give higher value, right? U might get 7000 if u get lucky.
I know, thats why i say OBO, or make a deal, i can take out anything they dont want and drop the price. i can always use those parts for other metric cruiser.
beside crashbar...thats only for this bike and baron's front pulley. any others i can take it out easy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any possibilty of knocking your insurance down and getting a $500 dollar beater car?? thats what i would do
im planing to spend about 8000 dollar for a okay used car, its for work so have to be reliable, so its a toyota camery but older model and higher millage. just a safe bet you know.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the job. Rest assured things will look up and you will have another bike. Over the last 41 years I have had somewhere around sixteen bikes. Some I owned outright and some I had loans on. Except for one, a Gold Wing, they were all sold because of other priorities. Children, moving, divorce.... The Gold Wing was traded on a Victory Crossroads. That was two years ago. I lost my job and the Victory had to go. Last year I was able to outright buy a new 2009 900 Classic. I will keep it as long as I can. If something comes up and there is a choice to be made, I'll have to let it go. But, for now I will enjoy every moment on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts