Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and she was growing tired of her 250. She's been wanting one of these for a while. Ordered one yesterday, put down our deposit, and it will be in by next weekend.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what it is without looking it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's a Honda Shadow Aero. My wife moved up from a 250 Rebel to a 2013 Shadow Spirit :)

Although looking at it some more I'm not 100% anymore...lol But that's my final answer.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
...and she was growing tired of her 250. She's been wanting one of these for a while. Ordered one yesterday, put down our deposit, and it will be in by next weekend.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what it is without looking it up.
It's a Hyosung.
I can't really make out the badge but it starts with an A so that would make it an Aquila.
If she is moving UP from a 250 then I would have to guess that it's a 650.

Nice looking bike.
You know you'll have to post updates on performance and mileage now.:)

I hope Hyosung turns out to be a good company. More competition is always good.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Looks like Scott is the winner. I have never seen any of their products in person. I often wonder what they are like though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's a Honda Shadow Aero. My wife moved up from a 250 Rebel to a 2013 Shadow Spirit :)

Although looking at it some more I'm not 100% anymore...lol But that's my final answer.
Nope. The Shadow Aero was the other bike she was considering, but didn't like the size/ergonomics of it (particularly the wide gas tank near the seat).

I have to wonder why a 90 degree v-twin. It sure takes up a lot of room in the frame.
10,500 redline, 72hp @ 8,000rpm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is that Chinese? .. 90 is probably cheaper to build ... nice looking bike. I see loads of them in Asia .. some real old timers too, so if you have the parts they must last.
My wife didn't like the big tank either, she chose an older Honda Shadow VLX ... thats a good size for her. Give us a ride report. I don't personally know any Hyosung owners

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're Korean, but yes it's a Hyosung ST7. They share a lot of parts with Suzuki (Hyosung used to be a subsidiary), for instance the motor is from an SV650, bored out.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Looks like Scott is the winner. I have never seen any of their products in person. I often wonder what they are like though.
I've seen a couple of their sportsbikes.
If I were to start expanding the stable, the GT250R looks like a low cost FUN way to get big MPG combined with a short rake.:)

I've also thought about getting the 250 cruiser (are they all considered Aquila's:confused:); and trying to get the wife to take if for a spin.
For now; she says she's contend on my pillion.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I've seen a couple of their sportsbikes.
If I were to start expanding the stable, the GT250R looks like a low cost FUN way to get big MPG combined with a short rake.:)

I've also thought about getting the 250 cruiser (are they all considered Aquila's:confused:); and trying to get the wife to take if for a spin.
For now; she says she's contend on my pillion.

Scott
That is what I have tried to do a few times. Can't get the wife to commit yet (not until the daughter is older). I have tried to talk "her" in to getting a 250-500 sport bike. More so for me to have a fun little bike to flip around these curvy roads when I get a urge the V2K wont cure.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
My wife looked at Hyosung. Lots of plasti chrome but it was impressive. Power is really impressive. These ARE well built bikes. She just liked the Honda Shadow Aero ergos a bit more than the hyosung. Price was about the same.

I was actually rooting for the hyosung though, suckers got go juice!

My wife actually started OUT with the bigger bike. We were originally looking at the 250-500 sport bikes and the 250 cruiser. But after riding a 500cc buell in the MSF course she said no way to a sport bike, and no way to something that small. Works for me; don't have to upgrade after a few months!

·
Registered
482 Posts
didnt know they made cruisers, raced a hyosung crotch rocket last year though, it kept up :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like it. Nice looking bike (not as nice as our Vulcans, of course!), and congratulations! P.S, the vulcan comment had to be made, since we are on a Vulcan forum after all!) :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We pick it up tomorrow morning. She'll ride it home from the dealer and I'll (sadly) follow her in the cage. Hopefully she might let me ride it once we get it home.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
We picked it up from the dealership a couple hours ago. Only rode it about 10 miles so far but her initial impression is that it will take some getting used to. Thankfully the foot pegs are adjustible because when she first got on it, she almost did not reach the shifter/rear brake.

She let me ride it up and down the street and, compared to my lumbering beast of a Vulcan, the ST7 handles like a dream. Based off the "sport cruiser" GV650, it seems perfectly balanced and requires little effort to maneuver at low speeds. Almost like the 250 I used to ride. No idea on power as it is still in its break in period and we are taking it easy.

And this sign was at the front counter in the dealership. I got a good laugh out of it:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts