Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the bike started and had to leave it on full choke probably for a good minute before would idle without dying on half choke. Then I was eventually able to take the choke off completely and it would idle for a small amount of time before would finally just die. The previous owner before me told me he had taken the carb off for some reason I can't recall now. I'm kinda betting he messed it up one way or another. Its like the bike is idling to slow? Only way can think to describe it. Any recommendations on what to do?

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Could be the gas to air ratio and idle. If you aren't able to do it yourself find a small local bike shop to do a tune up on it to get it on the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, got it to idle on its own without choke but now is getting to much gas in the carb and eventually can hear it popping from the carb when it ignites.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ok, got it to idle on its own without choke but now is getting to much gas in the carb and eventually can hear it popping from the carb when it ignites.
Do you have a service manual? I would suggest checking float level, idle rpm, adjust the pilot screws, and check air flow. Have you checked the valve clearance recently?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts