Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Huh! Whadya know!

Did a little reading because I thought that was pretty neat. Evidently the ceramic on sparkplugs rates as a 9 on the mohs hardness scale (Diamond is 10). Glass is 6.5. Iron, like on a hammer, is only 4.5! So the ceramic is apparently much, much harder than the glass, which is why it takes less of it and less force to break glass than iron. Pretty neat!

·
Registered
507 Posts
This reminds me of a story a guy I used to work with told me. He went back home to New Brunswick for vacation. Apparently some kids told him that you could use a tiny fraction of a spark plug and shatter your window in your car.

He didn't believe them, and they bet him$5. He threw the spark plug fragment, and waddya know! It broke his window!

He came back here and was explaining it to someone. They didn't buy it. He bet them $5. 20 minutes later, and multiple attempts, and he could not duplicate his "feat".

Makes mew wonder if he ever realized that it was going to cost him a lot more than $5 to replace his car window again!!:D

I laughed when he told me that story, because he was out $10 and the cost of the window!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So...only throw porcelain fragments at windows you fully intend to break. Noted :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts