Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now if I could just figure out a way to straighten out the darn handlebar. I feel like farmer Ted on a tiller. Went for a 30 minute ride and my wrists were starting to hurt from the wierd angle caused by the mile long pullback. Visualizing rotating the bars up or down just makes my wrists hurt more. I've always been a drag bar kind of guy.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i also found the stock handlebars were at a very awkward angle, went through a couple different pair before finally putting ape hangers on. Much better

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also found the stock handlebars were at a very awkward angle, went through a couple different pair before finally putting ape hangers on. Much better
Are they mini apes? One of the most comfortable setups I've had a chance to sit on and feel, regarding bar shape/design/position, was the HD Crossbones. Turns out it has 8-9" apes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode a good bit this morning. Then, feeling good about handling the bike, rode two up a while this afternoon. My hands and wrists didn't hut today like they did yesterday. I think this is because of two reasons: 1) I rode a lot of twisties yesterday and was still learning the bike- I think I was wrestling with the bike yesterday as I was getting used to it, and 2) I felt I was part of the bike today- flowing with it and it with me, as opposed to trying to manhandle the bike.

Now it makes me wonder about magazine reviews and comparisons that I've read. Or website forum replies of people who had gotten a chance to ride a V2K. Today was awesome. Yesterday was okay. Had I written my impression about the bike based on my experience yesterday, it would be positive with a few complaints. However, if I wrote about instead today, after learning how to ride this particular model, it would be completely positive with no complaints.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Very Nice!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts