Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my '08 Custom and I am looking for a turn signal mod for the OEM lights to relocate them... anyone done this?

I am getting a side mount plate bracket and want to remove the plastic bracket on the back of the fender... but gotta relocate the lights first and I DO NOT want to buy lights to go on to the chrome bolt... unless I absolutely have to?!?!

thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has reused the OEM signals somewhere else??? i find that hard to believe?!?!

i think i might modify the bracket after the side mount plate is on... anyone?

beuhler... beuhler... beuhler...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've thought about doing this myself.... Our fenders aren't stamped steel, so that kinda limits the location possibilities. I'd like to place mine in the exact spot where the 2 side reflectors are located. but there isn't any internal support for the blinker bolts at that location. I'm thinking about making my own bracket to attach to the internal support under the fender and then drilling a hole for the blinker bold in the same place as the reflector. I haven't taken the time to get measurements and stuff, but it shouldn't be any harder than making my own Side mount plate (not this bike, it was for my chopper that I lost last year).

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea... there are the two bolts that go through the fender and into the support that are under the chrome eye candy piece... if you had longer bolts in those holes you could mount a bracket to that. would have to be bent and such to get it in the right place and angled correctly.

what about a backplate behind the reflector?? not sure the stock light bolt would be long enough then... hmmm

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a classic. But if I had a custom and wanted to mount them on the fender, I would get rid of the black plastic extensions and just mount the bullets right to the chrome sash and through the fender. Maybe easier said then done but it would look good.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a classic. But if I had a custom and wanted to mount them on the fender, I would get rid of the black plastic extensions and just mount the bullets right to the chrome sash and through the fender. Maybe easier said then done but it would look good.
gotchya... but that is my dilemma... i do not want to spend unnecessary cash to get rid of that bracket. you're talking about $100 total for them and then i have spare parts sitting around?! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Believi modified my signals using new ones f/ a bike shop. The brackets i used from my job. There 67 mustang fender tie bracks. If u want i can email pics.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i played with mine a bit back when i had my 9, but evetually when back to the rear license plate because i didnt like the look. I just found some cheap bullets lights for my v2k for like 20 bucks on ebay

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HA! problem solved...

although i did spend more than i wanted to, i got a much nicer looking bike out of it!
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts