Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in buying a used corbin seat for the vulcan S. Can't afford a brand new one at the moment, but if I don't find one by the end of this month i'll buy one new from corbin directly.

2017 Vulcan S, Standard model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I would be interested in buying a used corbin seat for the vulcan S. Can't afford a brand new one at the moment, but if I don't find one by the end of this month i'll buy one new from corbin directly.

2017 Vulcan S, Standard model.

Thanks!

What seat are you currently running? Based on my overall experience with Corbin Customer service and the seat(which wasn’t bad, but backrest bar dug into my tailbone and was too cramped to use controls) I wouldn’t use Corbin again!

The advertised price is only part of it at current prices you are looking at $497.00 plus $55 shipping. Any modifications you will have to ship back to Corbin on your dime, and then pay to receive the seat back!

Ask @IndyTom, I believe he preferred his stock modified Mean City Cycles Seat over the Corbin(which has now changed hands twice since I purchased it)

Don’t make the mistake I did and try to modify the bike into something it is never going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What seat are you currently running? Based on my overall experience with Corbin Customer service and the seat(which wasn’t bad, but backrest bar dug into my tailbone and was too cramped to use controls) I wouldn’t use Corbin again!

The advertised price is only part of it at current prices you are looking at $497.00 plus $55 shipping. Any modifications you will have to ship back to Corbin on your dime, and then pay to receive the seat back!

Ask @Indy Tom, I believe he preferred his stock modified Mean City Cycles Seat over the Corbin(which has now changed hands twice since I purchased it)

Don’t make the mistake I did and try to modify the bike into something it is never going to be.

So I'm currently running the standard reach seat, and it absolutely kills my ass and my back after 30 minutes of riding, so obviously that kills my fun. I read that people either love, or hate Corbin seats. The price is what kills me, and is kinda keeping me away from buying it right now. Some people say the extended reach one is better and I might get that but I don't want to spend $220ish on another kawi seat that I might hate because it still uses the really dense foam. I also thought about redoing the entire seat myself with a memory foam pad, and shaping it with a electric bread knife and sandpaper :thinking:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
So I'm currently running the standard reach seat, and it absolutely kills my ass and my back after 30 minutes of riding, so obviously that kills my fun. I read that people either love, or hate Corbin seats. The price is what kills me, and is kinda keeping me away from buying it right now. Some people say the extended reach one is better and I might get that but I don't want to spend $220ish on another kawi seat that I might hate because it still uses the really dense foam. I also thought about redoing the entire seat myself with a memory foam pad, and shaping it with a electric bread knife and sandpaper :thinking:

I’ve read your previous thread, memory foam wont give you the support and can’t be shaped very easily.

Dense foam is good, the Extended reach seat is a gel layer over stock foam soft foam;which from experience will kill you over 40 miles of travel.

I did a 150 mile trip with the Extended seat and was laid up for two days afterward because I was in so much pain.

Everyone is different, like @longbeachgary you may enjoy the Corbin; (which if I wasn’t cramped was a a more comfortable seat) In the end for me was a number of factors, that convinced me to let go of the S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts