Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a darker painted custom notice where the seat meets the tank, u cant see it unless you take the seat off, but i know mine is scuffing the clearcoat. Im not a big guy so thats not the problem. is there anyways to help with this?

anyone?

·
Registered
263 Posts
My Mustang seat does as well. One of the guys at the shop said to find clear vinyl decal material, or shelf liner, to cover that little area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I called around to automotive stores looking for an answer to this problem and I ended up going to an automotive finish (paint) shop. I got a strip of (peel & stick clear plastic) paint protection film used for clear coat protection on cars & trucks etc.

The guy there had an old set that he couldn't sell because it was opened and he cut me off a piece for free.

Something like this...

http://www.carpretty.com/3mpaintprotectionfilm.htm

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a much better idea. Who makes the bib and where did you get it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Mustang Bib as well. It helps, a little, but there is still some edges showing. The above bib looks wider than mine, and may cover more. Bibs pose another issue, that is holding things underneath them, that scratch as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
if you only knew where all the places were that paint is wearing off on your bike, you'd be suprised.
pull the rear strut covers off once. check your wiring up front, where it rubs against the frame when you turn, you may even see some paint wearing off the frame where the seat rests.
its gonna happen, not much you can do about it. it most cases, you wont even see it unless something is removed.
me? i dont worry about it. gives me a good reason for a paint job sometime down the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Clear packing tape works great. Peal of about 6" of tape and put it on wax paper. Now you can trial fit the tape and trim it to fit without it sticking to the tank. When it's just right, peel off the wax paper and stick it to the tank.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think it is too late for my tank.
Was already marked when it arrived from the dealer

and now looks worse..... at least it's always hidden under the seat

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I think it is too late for my tank.
Was already marked when it arrived from the dealer

and now looks worse..... at least it's always hidden under the seat
Murphy, a light buff with Turtlewax rubbing compound and a good coat of wax will fix it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
An OUTSTANDING place to get a tank bib, and YES, a bib will stop your problems, is PH Customs out of Arkansas. Check them out online. I got mine there back in April and LOVE IT and they are very reasonable and I had mine in hand in about a week. Send me an email @[email protected] and I'll send you some pics since I can't get pics on here to work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts