Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to cut down the windshield about 1.5" and danged if it broke on me. I've done this on another bike a long time ago and it didn't break. I need to get another one to match the hardware so if you could identify this. It looks like somebody glued the little star emblem on the front. It might have had the Vulcan emblem pulled off as it is a rough spot where it should be ..I thank you.

2004 vn2K

·
Registered
860 Posts
I believe the classic LT (that's lettuce and tomato ') according to Ponch) came with that one or a very similar one. It kinda look OEM to me.

You can use the broken one as a template and have one made with better material.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a memphis shades and I got a slightly used one for $61 shipped off ebay. Put it on and very happy.

·
Registered
991 Posts
My first shield was a Memphis shades and it had a dark purple hue in the bottom which matched my bike perfectly. Unfortunately, I live in oil-country and a softball sized rock launched from between an oncoming tanker truck duals took out the left side. Advertising shows that it would survive shotgun blast but not a boulder..... Completed the ride to Idaho anyway but on the way back I caught a very large raven on the right side which bent the shield right over. Good thing I had one. Now have a new shield made of thicker stuff. Critters grow big here lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
" softball sized rock launched from between an oncoming tanker truck duals took out the left side."

Ouch! I had a friend that was riding his dirt bike on the road one day. He noticed something between two of the wheels and about the time he figured out what it was....the brick came flying out and just missed his head. He said he was pretty shaky the rest of the ride home.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I believe the classic LT (that's lettuce and tomato ') according to Ponch) came with that one or a very similar one. It kinda look OEM to me.
I have a BLT (BIG Lettuce N' Tomato.....lol), and the OEM windshield has bigger supports in it:

(Not sure happened that the pics all rotated but..........meh. I'm just computer literate enough to be dangerous)

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a BLT (BIG Lettuce N' Tomato.....lol), and the OEM windshield has bigger supports in it:

(Not sure WTF happened that the pics all rotated but..........meh. I'm just computer literate enough to be dangerous)
Yep, I did remember the OEM had some sort of chrome supports with the logo on it.

With those stories of bricks and stones :)surprise::surprise:) coming at riders I have to get some of those soft lowers you got, also got me worried 'cus my fairing and short windshield only cover me just barely above the shoulders, one of those projectiles can kill'ya.
:frown2:

Good thing I am ridding just to chill and relax :serious::serious:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts