Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to spend an obscene amount of money on a seat but every is so high on how comfortable they are so I've been scouring the net for the best price and I almost pulled the trigger tonight but I figured I'd be well served to see if this is the best deal first.

Kawasaki Vaquero

ralaxingventures.com

Seat - 419

Studded Seat - 449

Seat with Drive back rest - 593

Studded seat with Driver back rest - 629

Is the driver back rest really worth 175?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Seat

I paid a few $$ more for my seat. Looks like an avg price. Usually see them between $415 & $440. [Nomad/plain seat/ no back rest] Had one on my last 2 bikes & I like it. I couldn't justify the xtra $ for the back rest.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes the backrest is worth the money. I had one in the past on my old 900. When I get a new seat for my vaquero it will have a backrest.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You can't add the backrest later if you change your mind. Yes, get it. It's well worth the money. If you don't like it you can remove it, and you're out $175. If you are like almost everyone on this forum and you DO like it, well, it sure would've sucked if you didn't have it and couldn't add it without buying a whole new seat!

Makes all the difference in the world to me. Keeps me seated in the same position each time, gives me something to lean against, and on really long rides when my rear-end starts to get a little numb and my tailbone starts to hurt; a little pressure on my highway pegs with my feet pushing me against that backrest takes the weight off for a minute or do and I'm good for another hour.

Realized how much I missed it riding my Vaq home from the dealer. Absolutely can't stand riding without one now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im probably going to bite the bullet on the backrest but cant you use the passenger backrest in the driver slot if you wanted one later?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
+1 on the backrest. You will be glad you did! Had one for 8 years on my Suzuki C90 (Mustang + BR) and loved it. Have had the 2011 Voyager for a little over a year, and just got my Mustang + BR seat a few months ago. Simply love both the seat and the BR. As Romans5.8 said, take it off when you dont want it, but I bet you will find you will use it 100% of the time once you ride with it once

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Im probably going to bite the bullet on the backrest but cant you use the passenger backrest in the driver slot if you wanted one later?
There is a model with and a model without the passenger socket. The backrests are identical. I have the two-socket version and have two backrests; instead of the Kawi backrest. But either backrest will work in either socket! Technically they all come with a Rider backrest and the Passenger backrest is "separate", so if someone is marketing it differently it's just marketing.

I believe you have the Kawi backrest though? If so you should be able to save a few bucks by getting the model with a drivers backrest but no passenger socket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts