Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my seat off my Vaquero today and I noticed this little silver box stuck on with Velcro and I wasn't sure what it was but I'm wondering if it is an add on and if so what it does?

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
That box is a Cobra Fi2000 or Fi200r fuel processor. I take it the bike doesn't have stock pipes or stock intake.

It overrides the bike's fuel injection system and it set up by adjusting 3 variable adjusters for low mid and high speed operation.

http://www.fi2000r.com/

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts
Don't listen to otter...

Stupid little box does nothing ...

Cut it loose and mail to me immediately...

I'll gladly dispose of the useless piece of tin for you ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That box is a Cobra Fi2000 or Fi200r fuel processor. I take it the bike doesn't have stock pipes or stock intake.

It overrides the bike's fuel injection system and it set up by adjusting 3 variable adjusters for low mid and high speed operation.

http://www.fi2000r.com/
I thought it might be something along those lines. I've had the bike for about a month and it already had Hance and Vines pipes on it and it currently has the popping and backfiring on deceleration that goes along with aftermarket pipes or so I've read. Now the question is how do I tinker with this thing to help eliminate the popping exhaust?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I thought it might be something along those lines. I've had the bike for about a month and it already had Hance and Vines pipes on it and it currently has the popping and backfiring on deceleration that goes along with aftermarket pipes or so I've read. Now the question is how do I tinker with this thing to help eliminate the popping exhaust?
With the 3 POT fuel processors, the 1st pot controls idle fuel and cruise. This has the most effect on decel pop because the popping generally occurs at 2100 rpm for the Vaquero, at least on mine. Turn up a tick and ride to see if popping is diminished. I would also switch to 87 octane. Just a tick at a time. The POTs are very sensitive and you could be running very rich in no time and kill your MPGs

·
Registered
256 Posts
With the 3 POT fuel processors, the 1st pot controls idle fuel and cruise. This has the most effect on decel pop because the popping generally occurs at 2100 rpm for the Vaquero, at least on mine. Turn up a tick and ride to see if popping is diminished. I would also switch to 87 octane. Just a tick at a time. The POTs are very sensitive and you could be running very rich in no time and kill your MPGs
ya, I had one on my 900. There's better processors out there for more money.

If you're lucky, someone out there has posted settings for your setup or similar setup.

You can really mess your engine over without access to a dyno. Too rich and you'll be building carbon, too lean and you'll burn a valve.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Get rid of that POS and get a Power Commander!
I just installed the PCV yesterday. The ignition coils were a pain in the ass to wire. Finally just took off the gas tank, which was a good learning experience. I uninstalled the Dobeck EJK processor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts