1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are the original owner, you should get a paper in the mail....there was a recall on my bike, I got a letter directly from Kawasaki.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting. I went to Kawi's webpage and ran my vin#. It came back, "No outstanding recalls for this unit." I do have an 09/classic B9F.

My two cents

·
Registered
424 Posts
A Scam, I doubt it. I have an 09 VN900 Classic with 10245 miles and no oil problem. Bought it on Jan 2 09 so it is in the first of the units for the model year. This appears to be a problem with a process that was discovered and corrected during the year, hince the notice for only a select number of vin numbers, they will recall from a certain point up to when they found it. If you get a recall letter please do take it in, YOU MAY GET A NEW ENGINE, yeah right. Or just logon to KAWA and run your vin. If not listed, just ride and have a great time.

This is a great bike from the factory, and with a little thought and money spent can be the perfect bike for you. MINE IS:D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Interesting. I went to Kawi's webpage and ran my vin#. It came back, "No outstanding recalls for this unit." I do have an 09/classic B9F.

My two cents
PERFECT way to find out if there's a real recall or not. I've been all over Kawi forums since buying my 900 and can't recall (no pun intended) hearing of this issue before, either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your 2-3 and four cents - Much appreciated! As I said, I did my usual research on anything I get into... and was stunned to see this... But I'm a suspicious sort by nature. For example - when I ran a search on my dealer and found nothing neg (How's that?) I'm just getting a bit more suspicious of how search's nowadays can be suppressed. Regardless, this bike has got more positive raves than anything out there and If this TSB report is bogus or an error in Id than better yet
thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got word from kawa. The only recall on this bike is the tank...Yipee! This isn't the best news, but it's better than the assumption...other than the initial panic-all is good! thanks all for your insight

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just got word from kawa. The only recall on this bike is the tank...Yipee! This isn't the best news, but it's better than the assumption...other than the initial panic-all is good! thanks all for your insight
Just curious, what did Kawi say is wrong with the tank?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It leaks...only the replacement tank from what I read.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I haven't heard of this issue before either, but FYI a "Technical Service Bulletin" is different then a Recall. A recall is an identified safety issue that the manufacturer is obligated to repair for free. TSB's are just diagnostic and repair help documents to help technicians identify commonly occurring problems that have been discovered by the manufacturer. They're not fixed for free, once the bike is out of warranty. If the bike has some mileage, and runs good, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't heard of this issue before either, but FYI a "Technical Service Bulletin" is different then a Recall. A recall is an identified safety issue that the manufacturer is obligated to repair for free. TSB's are just diagnostic and repair help documents to help technicians identify commonly occurring problems that have been discovered by the manufacturer. They're not fixed for free, once the bike is out of warranty. If the bike has some mileage, and runs good, I wouldn't worry about it.
This TBS report I found posted in another forum-from what iv'e read here ( from helpfull guys) - is a mistaken model...And from what I see here with you guys, that kinda topic would have been covered by many experiences...Thankfully as it seems -nada- spoken here about or anywhere else on the web

1 - 13 of 13 Posts