Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed V&H Slash Cut Staggereds on my 900. I noticed that after riding with them on the first time they started to discolor a bit. I did replace both gaskets. At first I was worried that I didn't tighten them enough and had a leak or something causing it. I checked the bolts and they were fine. I even stooped by the dealer and asked if this was normal, 2 guys there said yes. This is my first motorcycle and my first major mod and I just want to be sure i'm not going to damage anything major. Here are some pics...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have v& h on my 07 and they did the same thing inner pipe at the head turns blue. That is why the chrome is an outer pipe to prevent what shows the most from discoloring. the inside of the tail end of the pipes also turned colors a little. My first bike as well i believe it too be normal

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi

Been tossing around the idea of putting V&H on my 900. How loud are they compared to stock exhaust? I don't really like super loud exhaust but a little deeper tone would be nice. How is the fit of the V&H.......any issues encountered with installation? I'm assuming they have an 02 sensor port.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally love the sound, and I think it is much louder than stock. Not obnoxiously loud, but loud enough to get you noticed. I listened to most of the sound clips I could find, but none does them justice. They do come with baffels already installed, but I think if you took them out it would be to loud. As far as installation, this was my first time doing it and I had a harder time taking off the stock ones than I did installing these. I also installed alone, but would recommend having an extra set of hands when it comes time to mount them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
the hardest part was getting the old ones off and that wasnt that hard at all. another sets of hand is a big help just getting it lined up. as far as the sound i feel its just loud enough to let you know your on a motorcycle, with out being that guy that rattles the windows around town

·
Registered
57 Posts
mine did that too...the inside of the pipe and the end just wipe it down with a wet cloth or a cloth with some windex. Its mostly the soot and ash from the exhaust fumes. Just cleaned the inside of mine for the first time and it looks like new

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for your reply! The stockers have a cross-over tube so I imagine that doesn't help getting them off.
dont separate the pipes. Just loosen the nuts at the engine ant the ones at the back holding them to the frame. In the directions they said nothing about separating them. they come off all in one piece.

As far as sound they have a nice deep rumble kind of like a v8 muscle car but not too loud but when you twist on the throttle it barks nice and loud. But its not obnoxious i was surprised when i put mine on that they were perfect. Not too loud not too soft

1 - 10 of 10 Posts