Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, working on the bike today. 2002 1500 classic, carb model. Had the right and left air cleaner and cover off. Wanted to see if the cap had been removed from the pilot screw because this bike had v&h longshot pipes on it when I bought it. And wanted to know if there was any clue if the carb may have been adjusted for them. I used a quarter size inspection mirror to to see under the carb. Being the first time looking for this I did not know where it was located. What I found first was what is in the bad picture (best I could do) a open threaded hole. I figured I had found the pilot screw. So moving the mirror and light around I could not find anything in the hole it is empty. I thought wow what we got going. I'm working on the foot brake side of the carb moving the mirror in from another direction I did find the pilot screw and the cap has been removed so It may have been adjusted before.
If you are familiar with the carb on this bike can you tell me is that open hole supposed to have a screw or bolt in it? It is just to the left of the pilot screw.
And another question. what kind of screw driver does one need to get at and adjust that pilot screw? thanks and sorry about the long winded post. And I hope someone can fill me in on the missing bolt or screw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Not to worry, those are optional mounting holes for a different application. This same carb was used on many different engines.

Pilot screw adjustment is normally set when carb is off bike. Between 2 ~ 3 turns out is usually good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to worry, those are optional mounting holes for a different application. This same carb was used on many different engines.

Pilot screw adjustment is normally set when carb is off bike. Between 2 ~ 3 turns out is usually good.
Thanks Bandit, I was hoping something like that was the case. Much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts