Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi any one know waths the cause of this line on my 2 month old avon 230 ist a diagonal line higher on the belt side

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
You park on a stick for a week?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You park on a stick for a week?
Its not a bad theory but its not ''In'' the tire its pooping out of the tire so I think if I was park on something it will be convex than concave

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That looks like a kink in the belt. I would check with whoever you bought it from to determine what options you have for replacement.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have contacted Avon and the online store where a buy the tire. Its not a good times at all for this!!! next weekend we have a 3 day road trip , the ferry,motel...... are all reserve!!! hope this will be fix before Friday !!! Its a new tire!! don`t really want to buy a new one !!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have contacted Avon and the on line store where a buy the tire. Its not a good times at all for this!!! next weekend we have a 3 day road trip , the ferry,motel...... are all reserve!!! hope this will be fix before Friday !!! Its a new tire!! don`t really want to buy a new one !!
A friend of my had issues with a Avon tire on his sport tourer, the dealer had to send the tire back to Avon. Freight, fitment and the tire was eventually replace under warranty. This did however take time ... 3 to 4 weeks.

The dealer in question replaced it at no cost straight away, before the final word came thru from Avon.

What can you do, you need a tire..... now

Due to the fact that the purchase was done thru a on line store, the remedy could take some time, its one of the perils of not buying local.

I would ask Avon if they have a local agent or rep near by. If you take it to a local bike shop that sells Avon, they will probably tell you to deal with the place of purchase vs seizing an opportunity to help a new prospective customer.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well, I can't say for sure without putting my hands on the tire, but it doesn't look like it's dimpled in the tread groove, which makes me want to say it's just in the tread surface and probably nothing at all. But don't take that as gospel; I'm just looking at a couple internet pics. I would guess it might've been an irregularity when the tread surface was manufactured.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I can't say for sure without putting my hands on the tire, but it doesn't look like it's dimpled in the tread groove, which makes me want to say it's just in the tread surface and probably nothing at all. But don't take that as gospel; I'm just looking at a couple internet pics. I would guess it might've been an irregularity when the tread surface was manufactured.
No its not dimpled, when you past your hand on you feel a bump and the bump is pointing back ! ( sorry I'm a Canadian french guy, hope you understand me well! )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts