Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I thought I was going with the 200 Metz. back tire which I will need sometime the summer. Then after reading the previous thread sounds like the 170 is just as good with reducing rpms and much cheaper? I put the front OD pulley on last season and love it, but now I hear there are clearance issues if I have both? I certainly don't want that? I really don't want to uninstall the pulley either. I'm 220 and the wifee 120. Does anyone have both pulley and 170 back tire and having clearance issues like MBWARNER had? Gary

·
Registered
696 Posts
You should be able to determine if the tire will fit properly. Measure the clearances you have with your current tire, then compare the radius of your tire to that of the 170/80. I suspect that you'll find that it won't fit very well.

I had similar thoughts, except that I had a 200 rear tire and wanted to install the front Scootworks pulley. I didn't have enough clearance to do that so had to buy the rear pulley.

Kerry

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes. I mounted the SW front pulley with a newish 170/80, and while on the jack, put it in gear and ran it up to 70 MPH. Tired rubbed on the plastic inner fender liner, so I took the pulley back off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had the front SW pulley with a Avon 200 on the rear for about six months with zero clearance issues even when fully loaded with bags, trunk and wife. A 170 is a tad smaller than the 200 so you shouldn't have any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts