Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall!
Been tryin to restore the 900 C.....thot yall might know if I can replace or upgrade the headlight to LED and also the indicators r pretty old.

I was thinking to do it as a set, sort of like the HD softtail chrome HEADLIGHT with 2 side chrome indicators, that also act as mini headlights, attached below.
Duz v900 have that type of capabilities to do that? if so, wonder I can find aftr market 3 way set up like this.

IF NOT, I 'LL PROLLY go with a clear lense for indicators f/b, i think its street legal to do that, and remove the orange old lense, what yal think? THANK YOU

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Pretty much anything can be done, it comes down to money and time. There might be a requirement for forward facing amber running lights no matter which option you choose. I have the clear lenses and amber bulbs for the front on mine, and that's only one option. The integrated headlight might be legal for the turn signals, but probably not for the running lights. States might have separate requirements in addition to, or even different from DOT, it's best to look up what is actually required. Manufacturers make motorcycles to be 50 state compliant, but what's required in one state might not be required in another. Where I live, they don't explicitly spell out the amber running lights so I could probably get away without them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you sir , but can you recommend an after market site thats for our kawi's? EVERYtime i search, lots out there for harleys? thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
JP Cycles is a good place to start, most any site will have parts dedicated to metric cruisers. Not everything is going to be a plug and play, sometimes you have to be creative. If you cannot find the headlight size you need, you might need to swap out the headlight bucket as well.

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, Hard Krome exhaust
135 Posts
I read in a few others threads that if you go LED for the turn signals you'll need to do some other wire mods, as the turn signal flash rate uses current sensing for the timing - the LED's will consume far less current than an incandescent bulb. I plant to just do LED's on the Headlight and Tail light.

CMOS

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you're just going for LEDs on the headlight and taillight, no other mods needed. If you swap turn signals to LEDs, you will need the diode mod in the cluster and an electronic flasher.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, gosupes, whats cost and labor, do you have a link?

2. also, whats the best value LED headlight bulb I can upgrade to that offers good durability, lighting but not that expensive? i saw some for 85$....for a led bulb...thats hi

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you're just going for LEDs on the headlight and taillight, no other mods needed. If you swap turn signals to LEDs, you will need the diode mod in the cluster and an electronic flasher.

·
Registered
300 Posts
thanks guys, gosupes, whats cost and labor, do you have a link?

2. also, whats the best value LED headlight bulb I can upgrade to that offers good durability, lighting but not that expensive? i saw some for 85$....for a led bulb...thats hi
There have been discussions on this site about an affordable led headlight from Amazon, it was reasonably priced. Something like $30.

Not sure what you mean about cost and labor. Labor for what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 900 e and A buddy of mine turned me on to this. He has a Jeep. I went on Amazon and bought the LED headlight that fits the Jeep for $43. It is an exact replacement and you just plug it in. Super bright and long-lasting.

·
Registered
1995 VN1500 A88
1 Posts
I have a 900 e and A buddy of mine turned me on to this. He has a Jeep. I went on Amazon and bought the LED headlight that fits the Jeep for $43. It is an exact replacement and you just plug it in. Super bright and long-lasting.
Do you have a part number or link to share?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
does gouseps and the other gent have a link to the high led For 30$ above stated? i'd like to find it, good price, thanks

also, does sylvana make these for the v900?

·
Registered
300 Posts
The original thread was in the VN900 specific section. There might be more info on other threads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts