Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the ride to southwest MS, the left from turn signal amber cover FELL OFF. This is the 2nd lens cover to do this since buying the bike new. Last time it was the right front.

Has anyone else ever experienced / heard of this, or is it just me?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Eek, sounds like fun!

Hasn't happened to me but have you considered applying a little blue threadlocker to all of your lense screws? Ive had a few screws come loose consistently on my bike and that's been the cure. The blue stuff is still removable with hand tools but won't come off with vibration.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Yes, exact same thing happened to my lens & yes the screws remained. There were many issues, some small, others large, but mostly the unknow reliability issues that convinced me to get rid of the bike while I could.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again, a poor design by KAW. The old-fashioned, two screws directly into the metal can't be beat. Got to go now, time for the bike's monthly belt adjusting drama..........sure do miss the 82 Goldwing and it's drive shaft, but that's a different story for another time.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Again, a poor design by KAW. The old-fashioned, two screws directly into the metal can't be beat.

Agree, all my current bikes are two screw lens. If you haven't already purchased new lens, they are over $7 + shpg.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I am on the NC & GA state line. I usually ride Gatlinburg, Telico (Cherohola Hwy) Deals Gap, (the dragon), Ashville, Chattanooga, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts