Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta ask you guys who have done it. I'm looking at close to a grand or more for a set of pipes, air kit, and processor. For that kind of money, I want results. Have you guys gotten the extra kick you were looking for? What are the dyno results? What about bottom-end acceleration? I'm feeling this bike could use a kick-in-the-pants mod but want to be sure it's going to be there after investing the cash. ( Of course, I'm specifically speaking about the Custom; I realize the baggers are made to go slow. LOL)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have all three. Neck-snapping acceleration?....nope, but I believe you'll notice a difference. Never had mine dyno'd, but the usual gain is somewhere between 5-10 hp. I've read of one rider who claims a whopping 29% gain on a dyno. About the best you can do is with a 2-1 exhaust or equivalent, intake, and a Power Commander processor, followed by a setup using a dyno.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, do you think it's worth the money, Jimbo? Would you lay out the bucks again for the power gain you got?

·
Registered
719 Posts
If you want a kick in the pants you need a wet nitrous system or turbo. I haven't seen a better set of heads, cam or throttle body on the market for the 900. "Worth it" is a function of your disposable income. Most of the add-ons are more for looks than performance - it's a cruiser. I'm runnning debaffled pipes, FI2000r, relocated airbox inlet, and 60ppi UNIFOAM air filter. Runs fine enough for me, but I also have a boat to feed and they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah, I'm satisfied with what I got. Only gripe I have is that with the addition of the intake, the engine noise got louder and I don't much care for that. I've just learned to live with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts