Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bug eye headlight, want to make it a more touring oriented bike but no reasonable priced fairing, its getting harder to find aftermarket replacements parts the forums are inactive, mechanics know very little of the bike, it just seems like it was be easier to get an electraglide ultra used and be done with it. I love the bike as we all do, but do any of you ever feel like just getting something else?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pretty much anytime I want to add an aftermarket part to my mean streak I feel the same way. Great bike, but obviously when it comes to customizing, the bigger/more common bikes have way more options.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
I have the bug eye headlight, want to make it a more touring oriented bike but no reasonable priced fairing, its getting harder to find aftermarket replacements parts the forums are inactive, mechanics know very little of the bike, it just seems like it was be easier to get an electraglide ultra used and be done with it. I love the bike as we all do, but do any of you ever feel like just getting something else?
I the original owner of my 2004 V2k.. I've seen a lot of people come and go on this forum.

Anyways, I've thought about that myself, getting a new bike. But I don't think I would get ride of this one. I'd turn this one into a straight up bar hopper.

As for as activity, yea.. not much here. Most of the V2k activity is over at the facebook group page.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
If farkling up is the deal, yeah, there never has been much for the VN2K; especially relative to a H-D. Regardless of that I think it's natural to ponder change at some point in nearly anything.

Me, I'll probably keep mine until it's economically impractical to keep it running. Doesn't mean I don't occasionally kick the tires on other stuff just for the sake of something different. Been looking at F6B and even the full blown GWs myself.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Yeah, definitely seems to be more traffic on the FB page.

I know for sure I won't be getting rid of mine, but I have been looking a long time at the Indian, and now that they have a factory big inch kit....... Man, looking good.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Eventually gonna have to trike mine due to some personal landing gear issues BUT I want to rebuild the engine/trannie too so I have to get on the ball and get the parts......
As for others, I have recently lusted over a Triumph Rocket Trike conversion (slightly used) and the new Indian "dresser"..... absolutely no way HD for me. Had a 65 Duo-Glide when I was a kid and it doesn't look like their technology has changed much in 54 yrs... lol:devil2:

·
Registered
203 Posts
“As for as activity, yea.. not much here. Most of the V2k activity is over at the facebook group page.”

My join request has been pending for a long while on the FB page.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've been worried some time about the VN2000 being forgotten by the masses but I still love mine (still hate the wind buffeting) bone stock and all. There's so many things I'd love to do to it but can't just because there aren't aftermarket parts available.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
I've been worried some time about the VN2000 being forgotten by the masses but I still love mine (still hate the wind buffeting) bone stock and all. There's so many things I'd love to do to it but can't just because there aren't aftermarket parts available.
I've pretty much made all my add on's, or modified harley stuff to work

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just a quick note on the wind buffeting..... I put a set of Heritage Softtail chrome lowers on my 04 to stop the buffeting. Had to turn them "backwards" to avoid the crash bars and drill a new hole in each one to fit the carriage screws, but no buffeting at all now....

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Just a quick note on the wind buffeting..... I put a set of Heritage Softtail chrome lowers on my 04 to stop the buffeting. Had to turn them "backwards" to avoid the crash bars and drill a new hole in each one to fit the carriage screws, but no buffeting at all now....
I did the exact same thing

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm wondering if the giant windshield and round headlight of my classic LT would perform any different than the aftermarket parts on the regular V2K? All I really want is nice smooth air so I can ride on the highway at 75mph for a couple hours without being beat all to heck after the first 45 minutes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do you guys really get beat up that bad on V2Ks? Granted my meanie puts me leaning a bit more forward, but it's not too bad even at freeway speeds. If I'm going freeway for hours I'd want to toss my windshield on, but for short jaunts or going 60mph or under it's smooth sailing!

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
I'm wondering if the giant windshield and round headlight of my classic LT would perform any different than the aftermarket parts on the regular V2K? All I really want is nice smooth air so I can ride on the highway at 75mph for a couple hours without being beat all to heck after the first 45 minutes.
BBY.... Trust me, stock windshield, use those softail lowers, and you'll be amazed at how great it is.

I'll regularly lay down 11 hr / 1000km days.

I rode across Canada in 7 days, easy peasy.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
BBY.... Trust me, stock windshield, use those softail lowers, and you'll be amazed at how great it is.
Rocnrol is correct... put the lowers on as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'll have to do that then, running up and down I-85 can regularly be at 80mph and getting close to semis only makes things worse. I'm not object to cutting the windshield down either, though I'd rather try someone else's first before hacking mine up hoping it works the way I'm hoping. Will these deflectors bolt up or will they (or the bike) require modification, I don't mind as it's well within my wheelhouse but want to know ahead of time what kind of time I need for installation.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JCE1HAW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I put on the Kawi OEM lowers and they helped, but then I changed to the Harley lowers. The Harley ones look better and work better than the Kawi OEMs. Not sure if those same Harley ones are still available though.

Also, I tipped the windshield backward just a bit.

Those two things made a big difference. The lowers more, windshield tilted back a bit looks better and adds a little icing on the cake paired with the lowers.

There should be a number of threads on the forum for both mods. Probably back a ways though in date.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Do you guys really get beat up that bad on V2Ks? Granted my meanie puts me leaning a bit more forward, but it's not too bad even at freeway speeds. If I'm going freeway for hours I'd want to toss my windshield on, but for short jaunts or going 60mph or under it's smooth sailing!
The wind really rolls up your legs like a friggin hurricane on the VN2K, at least it did for me before the lowers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts