Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of putting an engine guard on my 900 Custom. But while I think the standard guard looks OK on the classic I'm not sure how it'll look on my custom. So any custom owners have an engine guard on their bike and do you have a post of your bike with the guard on it?

thx,
RG

·
Registered
252 Posts
So I'm thinking of putting an engine guard on my 900 Custom. But while I think the standard guard looks OK on the classic I'm not sure how it'll look on my custom. So any custom owners have an engine guard on their bike and do you have a post of your bike with the guard on it?

thx,
RG
Here you go....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you go....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
OK. That one I really like. I looked up Calvary Custom and found the site but while they list engine guards they have nothing under that section of the site. Did you buy direct from them or through another site?

R

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lindy Bar

I have this one too and love the way it looks. Not really a Lindy bar though but very similar. The lindy bar runs for about $300 and this generic is half the price if you buy at regular price with shipping. Of course, I got mine on clearence for only $49 pls shipping.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have this one too and love the way it looks. Not really a Lindy bar though but very similar. The lindy bar runs for about $300 and this generic is half the price if you buy at regular price with shipping. Of course, I got mine on clearence for only $49 pls shipping.
Who did you get it from? I've looked on line but everything I see says "For 900 Classic only."

R

·
Registered
711 Posts
Got it from ebay but becuase it was a clearence item they have been sold out. Calvary Customs will soon post the new replacement models.

·
Registered
252 Posts
OK. That one I really like. I looked up Calvary Custom and found the site but while they list engine guards they have nothing under that section of the site. Did you buy direct from them or through another site?

R
Mine is the linby look alike also, got it off e-bay. Was all Chrome, but alittle elbow grease, auto primer and semi-flat spray paint took care of that.

·
Registered
96 Posts

R
Call them at 650-588-8945, They are $76 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've got Cobra's 1.25" Freeway Bars. Don't have pic but it looks the same as Bluecruiser's MC bar. Word of warning. I wear a size 11 shoe and it takes some getting used to. I had to adjust my foot position because my toe would strike the bar before applying any real pressure to the brake pedal. I've had a couple instances where a panic stop became a panic swerve because I couldn't move my foot fast enough once I hit the bar. I haven't come up with a permanent solution yet, but I'll probably adjust the break pedal higher in the spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts