Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait for the weather to start getting warmer. I have about a foot of snow on the ground and it's snowing again. But it's going to warm up a bit this weekend so I'm told. It just seems like it's been a very long winter. I haven't been able ride since November and I am really looking forward to getting the bike back out. But I have been able to get a few things done to my bike. So far this winter I have added a sissybar, luggage rack, Kurykan ISO chrome flame grips and I just got my Mustang seat on. Although I have not been able to ride, just setting on the Mustang seat feel incredible!!!!! That was the best $362.00 I have spent. It makes the stock seat feel like concrete! I can't wait to take it for a long ride and see just how comfortable it really is. And tomorrow I should be getting my Cobra freeway bar.
I know spring is on it's way, but it can't get here fast enough!!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I agree, I'm ready to break out the scoot soon!! We still got over a foot of snow here but that storm coming up the East coast isn't going to touch us. Going to be in the 40's this weekend. Just warm enough to break her out!! :D
Ride safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear about your weather out east. The wife and I went out for a 4 hr ride last weekend. Even had to wear sunglasses. And no rain gear!!!:p

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi guys..Tell me something..its been staying around 4-5 degrees celsius here in Atlantic Canada...the roads have been dry and I'm very tempted to go pick up my new bike and go for a rip.The roads aren't white with salt stains and you can't see sand and salt on alot of the main roads but how can you tell if the salt has been washed away off the roads so it doesn't get on the bike.I understand that it doesn't take a whole lot to make a mess of the exhaust and underneath.Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rog: I can't speak for you but I wouldn't, I will wait until it warms up and the salt is off the road. I store my bike in a heated garage and do not start it during storage. If your storage is not heated and it been running you can expect some consensation . You will have to give it a super cleaning to get all the salt off. I have 2002 1500 and it looks like it just came out of the crate. First to put it away in the fall and the last one out in the spring.You can't enjoy a ride in this weather

·
Registered
487 Posts
Still a patch of snow on the north side of my house. Been there since December. This has seemed like a very long winter, even my wife has gotten the winter blues this year and it usually does not bother her. We didn't get as much snow as we usually do, but it was colder and stuck around a long time. Rain/Snow tomorrow, but nice weekend forcasted. I think the worst is over, however we've gotten snow in April before. :( I did get a ride in last weekend:D... and for you green thumbs out there I also planted peas. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know Im tired of it...we've had historic snow fall in delaware, we're at about 78 inches for the season....my bike has never sat for more than a week and its been sitting for a month now...I very worried about the gas in the tank, I hope it doesnt rust out :(........

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a real dilemma on my hands. Do I ride this weekend or mow the lawn?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
All I've got to say to you guys that get to ride all year long is :p We up here in the North savor the joys of riding in our memory and it just seems that much better when spring hits. Besides how great would sex be if you got some every night. :rolleyes: Hmmm... maybe not the best analogy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hate winter so much!!!!
I so need to get back out on my bike!!!!
Some one call the weatherman and tell him that's all we need of this shit. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Balmy 42 today so I put in my new battery and went for a 30 minute ride. Probably try to take a short one tomorrow too, supposed to be 40ish again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tired isn't the word. Haven't been able to ride since last Oct. Snows beginning to melt will be a couple of weeks yet by the time the snow melts enough and the mud drys up so I can get on the hiway.

Ride Hard and Be Safe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts