Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wrapped up ten daze = 4k+ smile lil giddyup with the kawboys in the kanyons.. the last leg was a run for the barn.. so punch out Raton NM at 8am, road most all 2 lane back roads thru tejas panhandle, with 2 exceptions 20mile i27 and i20.
including stops for bkfst, lunch, dinner, 4 gas stops and half dozen P'stops, all of which were not hurried. meal breaks 30 min plus texting, cetera..
So didn't quite get a whole 1k, butt 7 hunerd and change in under 16 hours. all at 60-65mph cuz that's my preferred speed. still its a bunch and my butt was a mite bit on the sore side..
I dunno that I would ever want to do 1k in a stretch, skrew the hours. its ruff on the bones and cant be doing much good for the bike.. ponchout
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rat...64bd469d57a!2m2!1d-97.7430608!2d30.267153!3e0

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
3,359 Miles this trip for me. No butt problems. None what so ever (Thanks to Mike Corbin!). Just road fatigue. It was an eventful trip (Many thanks to Kawboys for letting us left coasties tag alone and participate!) A real adventure for me. Proud to be part of it. It made me a better rider, and I have made new friends. Will do this again. (and again, and again and again, and when I am done, I'll do just one more, for an encore, and than a little one for a good measure).

V900 worked very well except for a little stator problem that was addressed in time. Last leg was a marathon for the casa. 75MPH, not my preferred speed. I enjoy 60/65 more better. But around here (Cillifornia) you have to get moving else you get run over by a mad vegetarian on a Prius.

Thanks Poncho, Cooter, KenDawg, Zig, vMax (aka Ricky-Bobby) and of course my team-mate and a good friend Chanoc! (The proper Mexican food was awesome).

Ride-on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts