Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have searched for this answer with no luck :( And I even hate to ask because it just shows how lazy I am tonight.
I plugged my iPod in before my trip to work. I listen to it all the way in and enjoyed MY tunes. When I got to work I shut of the radio and then the bike. Came on into work and am now wondering???????
Does the iPod shut off as well? or does it keep playing becqause it is connected to the interface cable. I know that the bike is off, but the iPod could still be on, right? Should I go out and turn IT off as well, or does it really get controlled from the radio conrols and go off when I power down the radio?
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
636 Posts
ipod

I have had bike for 3 months and havent even open the box where the ipod is . It shuts off I am pretty sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had bike for 3 months and havent even open the box where the ipod is . It shuts off I am pretty sure.
LOL Well, sooner or later, one of us is sure to find out. haha I guess if yours still starts, then I aint got nuthin to worry bout. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
The ipod connection in the glove box is switched with the ignition. It plays and charges when the key is on, and it turns off and does not drain when the key is off. I do not shut off the radio when I park the bike, just turn off the key.

The only time I even open the glove box is when I need to add new music on to the ipod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The iPod doesn't shut off fully, it goes into sleep mode. If you have wifi turned on and have your iPod set to sync music and apps it can drain the battery when you pull into your garage and it connects to your network and syncs. Depending on the number of apps that it syncs. Took me a couple of times of having a dead iPod battery before I figured out mine was connecting in my garage and syncing all the apps i have downloaded on my iPhone from iTunes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just use the ipod nano for music on the bike, and all that is loaded on it is my music. I have music on my iphone also, but didn't want the hassle of plugging and unplugging my phone from the bike. Does an ipod nano even have a wifi connection?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Always wondered about this myself. I assumed that the IPOD did not shut off (that it went into Sleep mode). I have kept it hooked up to my bike for months at a time and have not had any issues with the IPOD. Keep my bike's battery on a trickler.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had a Voyager since they first came out in 2009. I have used both a 5th and 6th generation Nano. I leave the iPod in the fairing all the time except to add music. I don't use a trickle charger and the motorcycle battery has never gone dead. The iPod battery ran down once when I did not ride for several weeks. I would say that if you are storing for the winter, it would be best not to leave your iPod in the cold. If you are riding once a month or more, you probably don't need to worry.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the replies. I do feel alot more confident about leaving my iPod hooked up now. I have always chalked up experiance to be the best answer to a question and I value all off your inputs
Thank you,
Frank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts