Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kawasaki sells cables for connecting XM radio and CB to the stereo. Is there a way to connect both an iPod and a CB radio to the Voyager system? I would appreciate advice from anyone who has done it. If it is not possible, what other options are there to add a CB radio? I do not want to give up my iPod and it is not easy to plug and unplug the iPod connector to switch back and forth. Many thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The two should hook right up, the iPod connector and ipod go in the left fairing pocket and the cb unit gets mounted in the left lower fairing so no interference there. They also connect to the radio with different connections so that shouldn't be an issue either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the Ipod and CB on my bike. No problems. There is something you need a special adapter cable. I think it's Ipod and XM. I actually have Ipod, CB, and Zumo all integrated to the factory stereo. No issues.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
While on the subject... Does the iPod have to go inside the glove box, or is the cabling long enough to reach my iPhone mounted to my bars?
The OEM cable from Kaw is only long enough to put the iPod in the left glovebox; however, others have made/purchased longer cables to be able to mount the iPod on the bars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. To follow up, I got the factory CB and installed myself. The iPod still works fine. I am very pleased with the Kawasaki CB. The radio does have a separate connection. Music plays through the speakers in the helmet except when sending or receiving a transmission. There are shortcuts to the installation that I found online at American Voyager Association.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts