Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my beautiful 09 Voyager and have ordered the iPod adaptor kit. I also have iPhone 4. I need to use this for music (iPod app or MOG) simultaneously with my GPS app for audio navigation prompts. This worked fine for me when i had a 3.5mm cable in my saddle bag hooked up to my speaker system on my vulcan 900 Classic LT...but i wonder, will it work same way through 30 pin connector on voyager?

I know sometimes portable speaker systems that use the 30 pin connector put your phone in iTunes only mode...which is why i'm asking...i'm gonna be majorly bummed if i spent 100.00 on this and cannot use my GPS app while listening to music as i am accustomed to doing...or use MOG instead of ipod app from time to time...

·
Registered
66 Posts
My hunch (note I don't have the iPod adapter and have limited hands on use of Apple iP* devices) is that since the system is designed to turn the controls over to the stereo and handlebars it will force the device into iTunes mode. Hopefully others will have more experience with this and chime in. If you want to give up the ability to control the playback from the bars you could go with just the aux audio adapter and use the 3.5mm plug as you did before. That would basically be the same as what you were used to.

·
Registered
369 Posts
the i pod adapter is so short, unless you have some sort of extension, you wont be able to have the phone out of the side pocket. but, i have used different apps over the speaker system on my i phone like, scanner 911, and and app that plays specific music. the system does like to kick you out of those apps and back to your i pod though. you have to keep on manually going back to that app. as far as using your GPS, i dont think it would be a problem as long as you have an extension. but i dont think they have those.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My hunch (note I don't have the iPod adapter and have limited hands on use of Apple iP* devices) is that since the system is designed to turn the controls over to the stereo and handlebars it will force the device into iTunes mode. Hopefully others will have more experience with this and chime in. If you want to give up the ability to control the playback from the bars you could go with just the aux audio adapter and use the 3.5mm plug as you did before. That would basically be the same as what you were used to.
yes, they have this accessory for the voyager, i would get this one to since that's what your looking for. plus, you can get as long as a wire you need for your setup. but the 30 pin connector is nice because you can control all your songs right on the voyagers dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts