Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone with an iPhone 4s has tried connecting it to the factory audio system on either a Vaquero or Voyager. I have the iPod connection kit on my Vaquero which works great, but I recently got a iPhone 4s and am considering getting a mount for the handlebar and a 30 pin extension cable to connect it to the iPod pigtail. This would allow me my iTunes and GPS capability without carrying a lot of devices with me. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I have the Iphone 4 with the pigtail, but have not tried mounting on the handle bars. My GPS (I had to take out a second mortgage to afford it) is mounted in the middle of my handle bars.

Sorry I am little help

·
Registered
636 Posts
I phone 4

My wife has a I phone 4 s and it works and charges when plugged into my bike. Use it quite often when her battery gets low.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes works great in the storage compartment and charges as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm using my iPhone 4s on my Voyager -- great setup. Are there any instructions on which handlebar switches do what? In particular, can you change from shuffle to "play in order" from the handlebar?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wondering if anyone with an iPhone 4s has tried connecting it to the factory audio system on either a Vaquero or Voyager. I have the iPod connection kit on my Vaquero which works great, but I recently got a iPhone 4s and am considering getting a mount for the handlebar and a 30 pin extension cable to connect it to the iPod pigtail. This would allow me my iTunes and GPS capability without carrying a lot of devices with me. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?
Great idea! I just looked at the compartment where the iPod currently is. The question that poped into my head was how to run the cable extension out of the compartment to the handlebars? Right not I am using an FM transmitter and a separate charger cord and it raises a lot of eyebrows when people look at all the wires. This would be a lot cleaner application.

T

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Jim, I plan on doing the same thing eventually, since I got an iPad for my birthday, my plan was an iPhone until my own daughter busted me in front of the wife that the new iPhone 5 was coming out and I shouldn't get a 4. So I have to wait until Sept/Oct but anyway once I do I'll be going here to get a mount for the 5.
Have you tried these folks?

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're starting to carry "Ram Mounts" here at the store, and thay carry a lot of different cool mounts for various devices. I found one that will hold almost any type of device, and mounts nicely to any bike. I'm sold out of them right now, but should have them back in stock in in a few days.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We're starting to carry "Ram Mounts" here at the store, and thay carry a lot of different cool mounts for various devices. I found one that will hold almost any type of device, and mounts nicely to any bike. I'm sold out of them right now, but should have them back in stock in in a few days.
I use the Ram mount on my mirror post for my Garmin, they work great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the 4s in the compartment and can listen to sat radio or songs I've put on from I tunes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts