Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2000 Vulcan 500, and I am a beginning rider.it has a little over 16000 miles on it and runs fine. This morning I noticed some oil on the engine block, it does not appear to be coming from any gaskets or valves. Rather between the grooves on the block. Any idea how this could happen? Is it something I should be extremely concerned about? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome..my 96 had stains on the "fins" of the engine when I bought it. Turns out that carb cleaner made them go away..found petcock was leaking an had that replaced. Your problem sounds different.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome..my 96 had stains on the "fins" of the engine when I bought it. Turns out that carb cleaner made them go away..found petcock was leaking an had that replaced. Your problem sounds different.
Actually it is on the fins, I guess you would call them. I was just confused about the terminology Some guys helped me out on here and I found out the oil is coming from a weep hole which is intended to allow wort or to drain away from the spark plugs.. Does this sound anything like your problem?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Actually it is on the fins, I guess you would call them. I was just confused about the terminology Some guys helped me out on here and I found out the oil is coming from a weep hole which is intended to allow wort or to drain away from the spark plugs.. Does this sound anything like your problem?
No, mine were just very dark amber dry stains. They melted immediately when I sprayed the carb cleaner on them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts