Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just bought a vn900custom..

i just bought a 2009 vn900custom. it has 1700 miles and has a bunch of aftermarket parts already. cobra tach, cobra exhaust, chrome radiator cover, chrome rectifier/regulator cover, power commander, k&n filter with nice chrome cover, aftermarket seat. runs and looks very good. i get it tuesday and cant wait. i have a honda cbr1100xx blackbird i have been riding since 2001 and i'm 54 years old, i'm looking forward to riding the custom. i have two questions about the bike though, 1.) all it has is forward controls, can i get anything else to be able to adjust the sitting on the bike, floorboards, more pegs ????? 2.) can i remove the badges from the fuel tank? i enclosed a pic and i hope you all like it as well i do. thanks, jim

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the site, sharp looking bike. The badges do come off, I hear on here that its a pain, mine where off when I got my bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd like to know how to remover them, i love the bike. thanks for the reply. i see your from minchigan, i was born in lansing and grew up there, did alot of drag racing in the thumb part of the state at tri-city and ubly.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think one method is fishing line.Then heat helps with getting the rest the glue off & maybe thinner too. Maybe someone that's done it will chime in. You can use the search too. Ya Michigan ya got to love it to stay in this economy. I love snowmobiling so its the place for me best snowtrails system in the world, not the best snow the last couple years though.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
i just bought a 2009 vn900custom. it has 1700 miles and has a bunch of aftermarket parts already. cobra tach, cobra exhaust, chrome radiator cover, chrome rectifier/regulator cover, power commander, k&n filter with nice chrome cover, aftermarket seat. runs and looks very good. i get it tuesday and cant wait. i have a honda cbr1100xx blackbird i have been riding since 2001 and i'm 54 years old, i'm looking forward to riding the custom. i have two questions about the bike though, 1.) all it has is forward controls, can i get anything else to be able to adjust the sitting on the bike, floorboards, more pegs ????? 2.) can i remove the badges from the fuel tank? i enclosed a pic and i hope you all like it as well i do. thanks, jim
Use a fishing line or dental floss. Some spray WD40 on the interface first before sawing away. I use bug & tar remover to take off any leftover adhesive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Direct a hair drier at the emblem to heat up the double-sided foam tape used to stick 'em on. They should peel off rather easily once they're hot. Then use a little adhesive remover to get any remaining sticky stuff. (You could also use wd-40 to get the left-over sticky stuff, then dawn to get rid of the wd-40.)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Do a search for debadge or debadging here on the forum, you'll find pages of info. It's not as touch as some make it sound. ;) ...and CONGRATS on the new scoot!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I removed the badges with fishing line. I wrapped the fishing line around two small wooden dowels and then work it through the tape holding the badge. You can remove whatever remaing tape with goo-gone or WD40. Don't use any sort of scraper - thumbs and a rag work best. Be patient and take your time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum as said above : warm the badges up - fishing line and for the rest of sticky glue we use over here Eukalyptus oil !! Good luck and enjoy your darn nice looking bike ....

Cheers from downunder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts