Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been to one of the International Motorcycle Shows? There is one near me Jan 30-Feb 1 (Cleveland, OH). Due to work, the only day I could go would be Sunday the 1st. I was wondering if it would be worth the 2 hour drive and the cost of tickets? I would go mostly to look at all the accessory venders and not so much the motorcycle companies themselves, although it would be neat to see all the new ideas. Thank you for your input.

Andy

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Every show I have ever been to I enjoyed and thought was worth the time. Motorcycle,car,camping,gun,garden, boat,model train. All at least 2 hours away for Me too.
go for it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree with shepsvoyager! The Minneapolis show has all the bikes and lot of vendors. Makes for a great day during the cold and snowy Minnesota winter. I go every year...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Our local dealer charters a bus trip from Des Moines to Minneapolis every year. Wife and I have gone last 2 years and always enjoy it. Won't be able to go this year, we will be in Jamaica celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Our local dealer charters a bus trip from Des Moines to Minneapolis every year. Wife and I have gone last 2 years and always enjoy it. Won't be able to go this year, we will be in Jamaica celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary
Poor Guy, sorry You will miss the show in a nice warm convention center, WHILE YOU ARE IN JAMAICA!!!!!
Enjoy the trip and Happy anniversary to You both.
Shep

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
They are worth it. Yes. you get the normal dealer displays and schwag booths, but there is often a section for vintage and classic bikes, and another for custom bikes. Well worth it. Plus, if you're in the market, many dealers will cut good deals at these thing so they don't have to haul the bikes back to the the dealership.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Been to the International in NYC a few times.. I live over 3 hours away and have taken the bus.. I enjoyed them. If you have never been, give it a shot........

·
Registered
10 Posts
MidIA,

Is it Struthers that charters? I've driven up a couple of times and wasn't aware of the charter. We need to meet up sometime. I just got a 2014 Vaquero from Struthers in August and also from Ankeny.

Mark Graham
VROC 2710
Ankeny Iowa

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Mark.. It is Struthers that has a charter contact Joe to sign up its 50.00 pp that includes tickets to the show and the bus ride. Thay leave early Sunday morning February 7 and get back about 7:00 that night. Take a small cooler with drink and snacks it you want it a nice trip what part of Ankeny were on NW applewood street

·
Registered
483 Posts
The one in michiga was kind of lame, and small could be in and out in ten minutes, just my .002

1 - 13 of 13 Posts