1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
That's cool! I could definitely see spraying down a jacket before heading out at night or something.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It looks like this is part of Volvo's "2020" program, which I guess is a goal that by 2020 nobody will be seriously hurt or killed by a new Volvo; presumably because of new safety features, etc.

I know here on a forum full of guys and gals who operate their brakes independently, many still with carbs and nary a stock bike in sight; the idea of those computer aided safety/driving aids might seem like a bad idea. But, for those of us on two wheels; imagine how effective that stuff could be. Assuming those systems can identify the motorcycle, I'm all for systems that will automatically apply the brakes instead of rear-ending me, or stop drivers from pulling out when I'm coming. I dunno about y'all but I trust these modern systems, which are exceptional, far more than a lot of drivers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that the paint is applied and can not be seen until it has lights shine on it in the dark and it looks like it is super reflective. I would love to have it on the saddlebags, fairing and forks, and fenders as well as on the back of jackets. Looks like it is 2 different products for textile items and for solid body panels so that would bump up cost some but then again what kind of a price tag can you put on safety???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts