Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done a search and came up with a few answers but have a few more questions before spending 1000 dollars on the headsets and cords for the voyager intercom system.
those that have the corded version are you happy with them. reason i'm asking is because we have headsets already in our helmets but according to sierra electronics our headset will not work with the kawasaki even if i change out the lower cords to the 8 pin connection. we have 5 pin lower to 8 pin upper, we have the elete headset 695 but was told we would have to upgrade to the 801.
but before i go this route is anybody using an older headset with the kaw system or am i getting smoke blown up my rear.
i have bad tinnitus and i was not able to hear that well with the system on our valkyrie, is the vox system alot better than what i had that i would be able to hear what shes saying.
i'm assuming there are riders here that probably have tinitus that knows exactly what i'm refering to.
any comments would be greatly appeciated. i looked at bluetooth but not thrilled about having to charge a battery every night.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd rather save a few hundred dollars by buying bluetooth (we use Sena) - have the convenience of cordless comms, the ability to use them on any bike, connections to phone for calls, music, GPS, with the mere inconvenience of charging every 2 days riding. I also have tinnitus (as maybe most of us older riders do), and have found the Sena's awesome. With the volume turned right up they'll punch right through molded earplugs no problem. Love those earplugs. If I'd worn them when I was younger maybe the tinnitus wouldn't be a problem now.

That's a LOT of cash for the Kaw system. You won't get that back when you trade the bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it would be nice to not have cords. but i also hear the bluetooth setups are not very rain friendly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well pulled the trigger on a set of cardo pack talk bold this evening. read alot of reviews and watched the tutorial. everything looked great.

·
Registered
662 Posts
We've rarely had any trouble with rain, only in the very heaviest of downpours, & we try not to ride at those times anyhow. I've taken a look at your Cardo's, & they look very good. Our Sena's are a very old SMH10. Tech has come a very long way since then, but they'll do us until they fail completely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i try not to ride in the rain to. but things happen. coming home from st. Louis a couple of years ago i was on the pa turnpike. and it started down pouring. no place to pull over that i still wouldn't have gotten soaked anyway so i pushed threw it. i just didn't want to spend that kind of money and not have something that was waterproof. i was looking at the sena's but theirs is just water resistant even though they make a very good product. the sena 30s was more than the cardo. another reason i decided cardo is because i have tinnitus real bad and the cardo had better speakers. this is the first bluetooth iv'e ever had so we'll see how it works out. it will be nice climbing on and off the bike without having to worry about a cord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts