Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a 09 900 custom and i want to remove the small light above the plate and move the plate higher so i can see the wheel better.

also, i wanna know what are the best ways to integrate the back light with the turn signals/ i know there is the led option. is there any other way? to remove the turn signals and have an alternative??

:struggle::struggle::struggle:z:lz:l

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Something like this would work fine, assuming you are still using bolts to mount the plate:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Silver-License-Plate-Lights-Bolts/dp/B004V4ENGI[/ame]

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone ever feel like if you integrate tailights or turn signals you are less visible? Not sure if it is just me but I really like the front blinkers on my 900 sticking off the front forks. I am also always worried nobody can see me so maybe it is in my head

·
Registered
357 Posts
there ya go, MissViolet to the rescue. I knew I saw it on eBay somewhere just couldn't remember what the name was.

Although I did see a YouTube vid where that lightbar was not really visible in the daytime. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

Radiantz bar but kind of the same

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well those LED's sure look good, really nice way to work the lights into a minimalist look. I do think they sacrifice visibility, especially during the day...they'd probably be brighter than you think at night though. I wouldn't want to give up the visibility for looks...but they're nice!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Kumarr, I did what I called the stage I plate/tag move.

Yes, BC requires the plate on the back, not on the axle, and I also thought the plate hung down way too low in the stock position.

I ended up moving on to the Low & Mean rear LED with plate bracket in the end as the Stage I plate move just wasn't floatin' my boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oh, and yes, I did cut the plate to pass the bulb wire through it. I cut sort of an upside-down "T" into the plate to get the wire through. You need a plate light here too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The style is very nice, but will drivers be able to see it or understand it. I've been installing auxiliary lights and what I look for is how the bike will look 30 feet away, not just 3 feet away as the pictures show.
i was thinking the same thing, would people behind you be able to see it in the daytime? in that video it really doesnt seem like they'd be able to see it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts