Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,I have a few things here, I got my new integrated tail/turn installed, but what can I do with the holes left behind by the old signal bar? Is there a good license plate relocator for an LT?, and is there anyone with an LT that has mounted a shark stereo on it kind find a good place to put the amp.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'm putting a side mount license plate on my bike, and it has saddlebags. I know "they" say you're not supposed to do that, but I don't see any reason why it won't work. I think it will be plenty visible from a car (cruiser) behind the bike. Once I get it done, I'll put up a pic, if you want.

·
Registered
754 Posts
covered mine with red LED pods, added light and looks good!!
Yep, that does look good, Street. I'm planning a custom paint job later this year. looking for something that hasn't been done yet as far as the rear fender set up goes. Maybe chop it? Smed and Big Sarge have the best yet that I've seen for our V2K's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take the "Kawasaki" emblem off the side cover and use 3M tape to attach it to over the holes. I think I got this from SMEDLIN. It looks like it came that way !

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Take the "Kawasaki" emblem off the side cover and use 3M tape to attach it to over the holes. I think I got this from SMEDLIN. It looks like it came that way !

Yeppers, I ran like that for about 7 years. Fit's in there perfect.

i think I actually still have that emblem thingy laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Street- Thats looks good, and i thought about that but i jave those up on my sissy bar already, i do like the emblem idea, i may do that seems like and easy fix for awhile until i do something more permenant with the rear fender. Bill I would really like to see the relocated bracket when you get it done. Thx guys

·
Registered
953 Posts
its fairly cheap to customize your rear fender if your gonna paint it any way. I have run, turn , and stand off brake ( flashing when you engage break) on my integrated plate.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
its fairly cheap to customize your rear fender if your gonna paint it any way. I have run, turn , and stand off brake ( flashing when you engage break) on my integrated plate.
I 100% agree. If your going to paint it, spend a bit extra and do it right.. smooth out that back end..

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Street- Thats looks good, and i thought about that but i jave those up on my sissy bar already, i do like the emblem idea, i may do that seems like and easy fix for awhile until i do something more permenant with the rear fender. Bill I would really like to see the relocated bracket when you get it done. Thx guys
Here it is on the bike (not wired up yet)
It looks like there's about 2 1/2" between the plate and the saddlebag. If I sit on it alone it looks like there's plenty of clearance (the plate is mounted on the swingarm and therefore moves separately from the rear fender, which holds the saddlebag). I'll have to get the wife to sit on it with me and check. The plate can be rotated back to make more clearance, and it should remain completely visible.

My garage is not as clean as smedlin's.Neither is my bike:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts