Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

intake

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TS Tinker 
#1 · (Edited)
on the throttle body side there is two rubbers I will call them pipes that stick out into the cover, I pulled them off, cut the center out off the cover, got some dense foam rubber one inch thick that breathes good, sprayed a lite coat of k&n filter oil, glued it inside cover, put small strap of metal on it so the foam will not be sucked in, saved 200.00 for air kit. should last for about 6000 miles, hopefully I can wash foam at lest once and oil it again, if not I can put new foam in. I would to hear your comments or suggestions. Thanks for reading my book:) ps. it don,t look that bad

#3 ·
Definitely gonna help airflow and performance by getting more air in thru the right side cover.

RACNRAY

#6 ·
What is poly??? You should use air filter foam. it is available in different coarseness.

RACNRAY

#8 ·
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32164/i/uni-air-filter-bulk-filter-foam

Here is a source for bulk filter foam. The Uni Filter company does not seem to sell their foam directly.

I would recommend using Uni filter oil as opposed to K&N Filter Oil as the Uni product is especially formulated for use on foam.

I had their Uni-Pod filters on my old V-Star 1100 some years ago. They made a massive performance improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.