Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on the throttle body side there is two rubbers I will call them pipes that stick out into the cover, I pulled them off, cut the center out off the cover, got some dense foam rubber one inch thick that breathes good, sprayed a lite coat of k&n filter oil, glued it inside cover, put small strap of metal on it so the foam will not be sucked in, saved 200.00 for air kit. should last for about 6000 miles, hopefully I can wash foam at lest once and oil it again, if not I can put new foam in. I would to hear your comments or suggestions. Thanks for reading my book:) ps. it don,t look that bad

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Pix would be nice. Would be concerned about foam degrading from heat and flaking apart being sucked into the motor. But how many shadetree hotrodders were called crazy for tge things they did to cars until they kept winning races?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Definitely gonna help airflow and performance by getting more air in thru the right side cover.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found out the foam is not rubber, its poly. what do you think, will it work?

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
found out the foam is not rubber, its poly. what do you think, will it work?
What is poly??? You should use air filter foam. it is available in different coarseness.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts