Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 03 Classic is less than 1,000 miles new to me. The way I got it, it came with the Baron air intake (so no left side intake), V&H Bigshot pipes, Power Commander, all at 30,000 miles. It starts easy, runs great, no valve/cam chain noise, gets "ok" mileage (38 to 42), I have to fix a failed 2nd gear issue. So for now I ride it cautiously and easy shifting past 2nd to 3rd. Spark plug insulator color on all four plugs is just slightly dark tan. When I do get on it, say up an entrance ramp to the freeway I notice intake noise almost like an intake air leak or perhaps even an exhaust header flange intake leak. Though an exhaust leak typically sounds like a loud clicking. I am not yet familiar with the Baron intake installation, but I assume the cold air solenoids are no longer there and the lines have been plugged. Just wondering if anyone else noticed different intake sounds after installing a Baron air intake.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't speak too much for the 1600 as I have a 900 Classic, but when I put on a Cobra Air Intake system I heard a lot more noise coming from the intake. Hasn't been an issue for me. I think it has always been noisy and the stock system just muffles it a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts