Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this yet? How hard would it be to do this intake mod? I know that you'd have to take the tank out to get access but would be a hassle?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I took a look today to see how tedious it would be doing this mod. Tank removal wasn't that bad. Getting the air cleaner box open was tough. All of the cables scrunched up together run on top of it and barely has any play unless you stretch them a bit. After getting the top half of the cleaner, I tried taking the bottom part of the cleaner box but noticed 3 tubing's. One goes directly down to where the crank is (I think) and the other 2 are near the handle bars. What are the purpose of those tubes? For reference here is the diagram for the air box. One of the tubes on the top of the air box is an ASV-A/C tube. What is the purpose of the tube?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I thought about this and went to look at my bike to see if/how the stock fairing direct air into the intakes.
Turns out the plastic trims either side of the radiator form an slight scoop directing air from just above the rad either side into the 2 intake ports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts