Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in results from just Installing a free-flow Intake Kit such as those from Thunder Mfg. WITHOUT changing the Pipes or adding a Fuel Manager.

I find the stock Shot-Gun Exhaust on my Classic LT plenty loud and I didn't want to get into the hassle or expense of a Fuel Manager, especially since the Classics don't seem to respond well to them.

1) Does the introduction of the Intake Kit ONLY result in any added Decel Popping? (I already have the PAIR/Air Valve Intake Plugged).

2) Is the added intake noise objectionable? Does it drown out the stock exhaust sound? (I appreciate that opinions on "sound" are subjective, but your comments would still be appreciated).

3) What performance improvement could be expected? Any bottom end problems or lean-surging?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Definitely going to be louder and will run a little leaner than stock without pipe change. Can't comment on the rest as I changed all three at once.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just installed a K&N Filter within a Couple hundred miles on my Voyager and I found a bit more quicker on acceleration with no Popping issues on the stock exhaust.Does not run any hotter or cooler either.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just pulled the plugs after 7k miles and the insulators look better than I was expecting. Nice light brown. Back was slightly lighter compared to front but not bad.
I have a K&N with the Cobra Fi2000 with the air switching valve blocked. Put them on after I had 1k miles on the bike. Spent a lot of time adjusting the cobra.
I was expecting to see a lean condition but they look ok. I tried to get a picture but my Droid ain't working for closeup pics.
I might tweak my mid-range pot one notch richer and see how she likes it.
I know a Dyno would be better but since I don't have one sitting around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts