Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to install the cobra power pro hp 2-1 exhaust, but have heard that the chrome is susceptible to bluing, rippling and flaking. is this the case? also, i am curious to know which intake system will deliver the most power increases for the motor. i have looked at kuryakyn, arlen ness, k&n, and baron. any thoughts?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had the Cobra 2 into 1 powerpro hp on my V2K LT for over a year now, without any problems. The pipe(s) are covered with "heat shields", so there's no issue with blueing. My chrome looks as good now as it did when first installed. If you're just adding pipes and an after-market air intake, you're power gain will be small, unless your also add a fuel processor. It also can cause a "lean" condition without the fuel processor. I'm running the Cobra 2 into 1 with the Cobra FI 2000r processor and the K & N filter. I haven't have the bike dyno'd, but the torque and HP gain is probably around 5 to 10 HP. The fuel mileage is still good at 39 to 40 mpg. I'm happy with the set-up, but would like to add the Baron"s BAK, just cause I like the look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had the Cobra 2 into 1 powerpro hp on my V2K LT for over a year now, without any problems. The pipe(s) are covered with "heat shields", so there's no issue with blueing. My chrome looks as good now as it did when first installed. If you're just adding pipes and an after-market air intake, you're power gain will be small, unless your also add a fuel processor. It also can cause a "lean" condition without the fuel processor. I'm running the Cobra 2 into 1 with the Cobra FI 2000r processor and the K & N filter. I haven't have the bike dyno'd, but the torque and HP gain is probably around 5 to 10 HP. The fuel mileage is still good at 39 to 40 mpg. I'm happy with the set-up, but would like to add the Baron"s BAK, just cause I like the look.

What is your Fi2000r set at? Did you need to add more fuel then as delivered?
Mrfix

·
Registered
240 Posts
What is your Fi2000r set at? Did you need to add more fuel then as delivered?
Mrfix
For around a year, I only had the Cobra pipes; no fuel processor or filter change. The bike ran fine, but I never could get rid of the decel popping completely. When I added the K & N filter and Cobra fuel processor, the popping's gone. The Cobra processer always "adds" fuel, unless you set the pots at zero. The default processer setting for the V2K from Cobra is: 3-5-0. I tried that for a few weeks, but found my mileage dropped (might be me twisting the throttle too!). I reset the pots for: 2-4-2. The bike really likes that setting and the mileage gas is still 39 to 40. No decel popping, either:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts