Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the rubber plug out of the airbox intake. Effectively doubling the size of the hole. Engine breaths significantly better, revs more freely. Not necessarily any more big power increease, but can ride it easier in the mid range revs (about 3k from my rough guess), so my assumption is thaty it's getting the air it needs - standard intake to restrictive - no suprises there.

On the odd couple of wramer days we've had, it does run much hotter. I'm likely to do the resistor mod for summer.

No popping on decel. a slight gurgle if anything.

still using standard classic pipes, but with the end baffle removed (drilled out).

All up, not to loud, motor feels much free er (is that a word ?), and no cost. Other than the $5 I will spend on doing the resister mod.

aaaarh the serenity.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Are you talking about the oval rubber peace that's just under the tank and goes into the air box?

·
Registered
701 Posts
What rubber plug? Are you talking about the rubber velocity stacks over the throttle body?

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I am sure he is talking about the air intake GROMMET that is in the housing just above the air filter....................... I am going to do that also.

I have been thinking about drilling holes along the bottom of the filter cover, putting screen mesh over the holes (of course gluing them or attaching some way) so it can get some air that did not come from under the tank where the hubs of Hades air is. I simply cannot believe the air intake system Kawasaki did for this motorcycle. Didn't do much homework on airflow or air intake temp control.

I changed the coolant to engine ice and did a 350 mile run in 100+ temps today. It does not get to the last mark before hot now like it was. And it stays at the first mark past halfway most of the time when climbing those 20/30 mile grades we have out here. This morning until around noon it never went past half way. (unless I was climbing a good grade in 4th for 5 miles or so)

What is the resister mod? And what does it do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts