Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....I am interested to know what you guys are paying for full coverage on your bikes. I have two different quotes thus far. These are both yearly charges.

$294 American Family
$299 State Farm

Let me say up front that I do not deal with the Geico's or Progressives of the world. I choose to deal with the companies with the excellent reputation for taking care of their clients. Having said that I'm leaning towards State Farm. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Oh yea...this is on the 900 Classic LT.

Thanks much,
guru

·
Registered
170 Posts
I live in Canada and I pay $1664.00. $189.00 for Oct to April & $1475.00 for May to Sep.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Progressive Ins $185 / $250 deductibe

·
Registered
51 Posts
You guys are not comparing Apples to Apples here.
If you just have liability, then it is alot cheaper.
Also the amount of coverage and deductable will affect the price.

I have a 1500 Classic, and am paying $275 /year through Nationwide. (my car and homeowner ins is with them too, so I am getting a little discount)
50/100 coverage
Comp. $100 deductible
Collision $250 deductible
Roadside Assistance and towing

I'd suggest sticking with a company that you are familiar with, or that someone you know has recommended. Unless their prices are double what the rest of the companies charge.

·
Registered
538 Posts
All of our insurance goes through AARP. It's one of the advantages of getting older. I have a VN2KLT with full coverage, and it runs me $325.00 per year. That covers EVERYTHING including 24/365 roadside assistance and towing. Progressive was slightly less, but I'll stick AARP. They have always treated me exceptionally well.

Crooksie......your kidding, right?!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like I'm not moving to Canada any time soon!

I have State Farm for everything but my bike. I've heard a lot of great stories about Progressive doing good work on bike damage. A few of my friends went through them and I have full coverage with $100 deductibles and doubled limits and it runs me $200 a year. I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference too. We don't have hills here so you can see danger coming from miles away!

·
Registered
46 Posts
$89 year, full cov/$500 ded. thru progressive. (07 LT) Just as a side note-- In my 6 yrs as sales sales mgr for a multi line dealership I found State Farm to usually be the lowest for my customers, but the ones with progressive that had to use it always got prompt and fair treatment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I decided to go with State Farm. I actually work for the Farm so it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Thanks to all for your replies.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Crooksie's not kidding

I pay about $1300/year for my 2003 500. And we can only ride about 6 months a year!! Enjoy your low rates

Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
1/2 of 3 bills

I get a bill from State Farm for a bit under $300 in the fall. At that time I suspend the policy until I get the bike out in the spring. My cost is about $160 for the riding season..full coverage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts