Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so who has ran into this problem where they live, or do you really know your state's regulations???

in NJ (the Garden State if you're growing smoke stacks?!?!) with the LIMIT TORT option on insurance, your car insurance because most motorcycle insurance doesn't carry the option, you cannot sue in the event of an accident unless you sustain a permanent injury?!?!

this makes absolutely NO FRIGGIN' SENSE because what about the out-of-pocket expenses you incur to MAKE YOURSELF WHOLE again???

although i was extremely lucky when some 27yr. old jackass hit me... i still went to the ER, went to physical therapy, lost my bike (totaled after having it only 3 weeks), paid for medications and dr. visits out of my own pocket... but according to NJ since i didn't get a "permanent injury" by their standards that is all UNRECOVERABLE MONEY?!?!

i understand the sue-happy schmucks out there want a free lunch for any little thing... but why should i be put out for someone else's mistake??? i just don't understand it?!?! i have about $1200 in medical expenses so far and lost about $1700 when the bike got totaled... and so far ALL OF IT is a complete loss and unrecoverable?!?!

DO NOT LIVE IN NJ!!! i am trying to get out when i can...

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Did your cycle insurance pay anything? I thought the idea of having insurance was to pay for medical expenses. The only thing I can say about NJ, Will the last one out please turn off the lights!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your cycle insurance pay anything? I thought the idea of having insurance was to pay for medical expenses. The only thing I can say about NJ, Will the last one out please turn off the lights!
there's no PIP on the motorcycle insurance... it defaults to your auto insurance. And yes, they are paying... but i still had a deductible for physical therapy to cover, the er co-pay of $100, all the co-pays for my dr./orthopedics/prescriptions, ... it just started adding up!?!

i hate the fact that his insurance co. was refusing to pay anything even after the police report clearly showed him at fault?!?! the guy actually told me on the phone that "we are not assuming any liability for this accident unless it is proven our driver was at fault"... HELLO?!?! W-T-F?!?! how does cutting across 3 lanes of traffic in any way whatsoever absolve anyone of wrongful doing?!?! that is against DMV laws let alone the fact that he actually HIT SOMETHING?!? failure to yield to traffic? failure to properly indicate turning? failure to allow for enough TIME to alert other drivers of your intention to change lanes? failure to control your vehicle? failure to NOT hit anything especially a PERSON?!?!?

what a crock of sh!t...

·
Registered
81 Posts
funny how they will tort that but not the health care industry. I really have no issues with some torts- but this sounds over the top. Reason places like this are in such financial crisis. Its the idiots running it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts