Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ECU holds all the information and the cluster is just a plug-in correct?

odo, trip, time?

Also does Kaw or 3rd party sell replacement speedo face or the 3-light sticker?

I have the standard, I want the all black Classic LT :)

anyone want to trade or can I just buy one? any sources?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
The ECU remembers the odometer mileage, but as soon as the instrument cluster is unplugged, you lose time and trip. I'm not sure about replacing face on the speedometer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Low and Mean Speedo Faces

These one's are pretty cool looking (if you're into the skull thing)
If you do a google search you might be able to find other sites...

-D

·
Registered
370 Posts
press mode until you get to the clock then press and hold reset and it will start flashing you can then set the time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^

what Nati said

Ya I was originally going to get a L&W face with the skull but kind of like the simple all black. Also saw a pic where someone changed the light color to green. I would prefer white or maybe some red to keep the bike theme bk/red

I know for auto I can find many sites but are there any for bikes or are we stuck with dealer prices?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bumping my post

any suggestions on where to purchase these core parts? or just a replacement speedo face and/or the indicator light emblem?

has anyone bought something like this?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There was a guy on this site who does custom "what ever you want " speedo faces, i just cant remember who it was ... maybe do a search.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I believe there is a chrome stick-on cover for the three lights. That along with a chrome speedo visor really dresses up the area.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Would Plasti Dip work for you? I did a few parts of my bike last weekend and will probably do a few more, including the speedo cover.

For the custom speedo faces, there used to be a guy called Webslinger who would do pretty much anything but unfortunately he died earlier this year. I can't think of any other places that do them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK maybe I need to re-iterate. no custom speedo faces, and no chrome! :)

I just want the all-black LT version (nice and simple) and the black 3-light indicator cover. I like the look and yes Plati-Dip is an option I hadn't thought of (for the weird metal chrome ring around speedo) but not for the speedo itself

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I just want the all-black LT
so order it ... any Kawasaki dealer has a parts schematic or try cheap cycle parts .com ... it ain't rocket science.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
so order it ... any Kawasaki dealer has a parts schematic or try cheap cycle parts .com ... it ain't rocket science.
I think the OP was trying to save a few bucks by maybe find someone who wanted to trade their LT face for the White/Black face.

If it was ALL white I'd be all over it! But; I never liked that half white / half black speedo face.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
was trying to find the cheapest option. was checking cheapcycleparts but no luck.

I know the dealer will love to charge me so I may have to call the one that's 30 mins away (dealership I got my bike from lost their Kaw license, didn't sell enough)

hmm, even the 1500 cluster looks decent. same retaining structure.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts