Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -

I just got a 2015 Vulcan S 650 and the previous owner had installed a fender eliminator with license plate LEDs that wired through the license plate. As I was taking off the plate to return it, I cut/broke one of the wires.

I'm not a big fan of the fender eliminator look anyway, and as a terrified newbie rider, I want my brake light as visible during the day as possible. So...I'm planning to reinstall the factory tail light assembly (which the previous owner provided as part of the sale).

My question: are there any good online resources that show installation of the original assembly? I've been watching some install videos for fender eliminators, but it seems like I ought to be able to do this without removing the rear fender. I figure I may need to completely uninstall the current fender eliminator set up, but what do I know?

Thoughts? Guidance?

Thanks -

Shane O.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey -

I just got a 2015 Vulcan S 650 and the previous owner had installed a fender eliminator with license plate LEDs that wired through the license plate. As I was taking off the plate to return it, I cut/broke one of the wires.

I'm not a big fan of the fender eliminator look anyway, and as a terrified newbie rider, I want my brake light as visible during the day as possible. So...I'm planning to reinstall the factory tail light assembly (which the previous owner provided as part of the sale).

My question: are there any good online resources that show installation of the original assembly? I've been watching some install videos for fender eliminators, but it seems like I ought to be able to do this without removing the rear fender. I figure I may need to completely uninstall the current fender eliminator set up, but what do I know?

Thoughts? Guidance?

Thanks -

Shane O.

Hopefully you have all components, the rg tail light bracket is no dimmer than the stock setup.

Go to rg racing and download instructions for the fender eliminator; installation is reverse of install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since your getting rid of the fender elemenator, you have any interest in selling it? If so I'm interested as long as it's not broke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts