Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 vulcan 900 custom and just purchased the cobra fuel fi2000, no r and the air flow intake . I was trying to put the fi2000 on by splicing it with the t connectors which are very simple to do. The problem is I can't locate the blue / green wire that it references . there are green wires with red dashes but no blue / green wire. I did locate the blue / red wire but i'm stumped on the blue / green one . Does anyone know which wire this corresponds to? And before you mention it, i know the r version just plugs right in so i probably would not of had this problem but, i got a good deal on this version so i bought it. I may have to take it to shop to get it done so in the end i got no deal at all if i have to do this

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
those t taps will cause problems..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dwhit,
I installed that version on my 900. The two wires should be right next to each other in the bundle. The t-taps "can" cause problems if you're not careful. I recommend u use some dialectric grease and some carefully applied electrical tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I installed the fi2000 and found the wires . they were pretty well hidden in between what seemed like 50 wires all wrapped together. Hardest part was just getting the t connectors to close but i got my three lights and left at the 4 2 0 oem setting. I also installed the air filter and have not had a chance to ride it yet but i drove it around my garage which equates to nothing but the throttle does feel different so i hope i put it in right but everything seems right. next step the highway!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts