Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the rumble road speakers, i have a 2009 vucan 900 custom. Im going to install the speakers tomorrow or attempt to, im just a little confused about how to do it. Should i go straight to the battery with a inline 15a fuse? Should i use the acc port? And if i go to the acc port do i put a relay in there so the speakers shut off when i turn the bike off? seems like there is so many ways which is the easiest and best for the bike? THank you!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Either way will work. If you wire direct to the battery you can have music with the key off. If you use the accessory then the key must be on, which is bad for igntition components to just sit there without the engine running.
Basically it is your choice, the advantage of the key on is that you will usually be riding so there is no chance to just sit there and kill the battery,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the info, i dont mean to sound stupid but what are the #'s referring too? So the Acc wire can't just be used for power and a switch wire?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it so ill make sure whatever relay i get has the numbers on it and follow your exact protocol. would a 15a fuse be good for these speakers?

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
that acc wire is hot at all times.... it is not switched with the key !!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gtrst3434, I mounted an accessory fuse block on the left side of the battery box. I then ran all of the accessories to that instead of the battery terminals. Things like LED lights, power for my GPS, a Wolo air horn, and power for my cell phone. Its a bussmann 6 fuse with ground mount fuse block that's about 3" square. I used industrial double sided tape to secure it and ran heavy wire to the battery terminals. I can post some photos if you wish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gtrst3434, I mounted an accessory fuse block on the left side of the battery box. I then ran all of the accessories to that instead of the battery terminals. Things like LED lights, power for my GPS, a Wolo air horn, and power for my cell phone. Its a bussmann 6 fuse with ground mount fuse block that's about 3" square. I used industrial double sided tape to secure it and ran heavy wire to the battery terminals. I can post some photos if you wish.
post picture please. I believed this is the same I want all of them working from the same source to eliminate so many wires. Wants to make simple as possible. I plan on adding a shark radio system, gps, LED lights, cell phone charger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts