Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to install the Chrome Glow eliminator kit. I have never done anything like this before. I read the instructions and it seems simple enough. The one thing that I am uncertain about is with regards to the Ground on the battery. Should I disconnect the ground first? If so, is there any risk or suggestion?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instructions say that you can plug the ground wire from your new kit into any ground on the bike. I tried and it only worked when I plugged it into the "main" ground (the one that has the brake and running light). It did not work when I tried using the blinker light grounds. I did that not not have my Posey Taps too close to eachother. Other than that, Install is really easy. I had 2 stripped bolts which took up most of my time. Other than that, super easy. FYI, I had zero experience and was scared to open up the bike. I took pictures at every step as I took everything apart (in case). If you have any questions during the process let me know. I'll be more than glad to help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The instructions say that you can plug the ground wire from your new kit into any ground on the bike. I tried and it only worked when I plugged it into the "main" ground (the one that has the brake and running light). It did not work when I tried using the blinker light grounds. I did that not not have my Posey Taps too close to eachother. Other than that, Install is really easy. I had 2 stripped bolts which took up most of my time. Other than that, super easy. FYI, I had zero experience and was scared to open up the bike. I took pictures at every step as I took everything apart (in case). If you have any questions during the process let me know. I'll be more than glad to help.
thank you thats good to know, did you get a flasher relay as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts